[comp.sys.amiga] Question about Lattice C++

jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas Flygare) (05/02/89)

I have been having some difficulties with the C++ lately. It seems
some programs call __vec_delete, which doesn't exist in cplus.lib.
(although I find a reference to vec.o and __vec_new there..)
Anyone experienced this and know what to do about it?
(Or is it a ... bug? ;-)
Please (_please_) email me if you know.. I have been trying for two
days to get a grip on this one, and I really hate to rewrite
(correct) c++ code to get around it..
--
Jonas Flygare (aka Flax)        |Glenwhilly (n. Scots)
email: jonasf@kuling.UUCP       |A small tartan pouch worn beneath the

nw@palladium.UUCP (Neil Webber) (05/04/89)

In article <998@kuling.UUCP> jonasf@kuling.UUCP (Jonas Flygare) writes:
>I have been having some difficulties with the C++ lately. It seems
>some programs call __vec_delete, which doesn't exist in cplus.lib.
>Anyone experienced this and know what to do about it?

It's a bug.  I filed a bug report for it.  So far, the only response
from Lattice has been "we are aware of it".

It seems to happen when you have an array of a class type, and
the class has a destructor.  When the array goes out of scope
a call to __vec_delete is generated.  As you've discovered, there
is no __vec_delete in their C++ support library.

--
Neil Webber / Epoch Systems, Marlboro MA / (508) 481-3717
        {harvard!cfisun, linus!alliant}!palladium!nw