[comp.sys.amiga] NIB V1.0 copier

joe@bryans.scc.com (04/17/89)

I have a copy of NIB V1.0 copy which WILL copy Dungeon Master. Where should
I FTP it for everyone's access?

(If you can give me a IP number I would be grateful)

jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) (04/20/89)

In article <13228@louie.udel.EDU> joe@bryans.scc.com writes:
>I have a copy of NIB V1.0 copy which WILL copy Dungeon Master. Where should
>I FTP it for everyone's access?

How about trantor.umd.edu (128.8.10.14) - it looks like a nice place to keep
NIB V1.0, if you can upload to the site.  Or, you could simply netcopy it to
people requesting it - if you have a UNIX system and bitnet at your site/the
person requesting it.

+--------------------------+----------------------+--------------------------+
| John A. Dutka  (jdutka)  |   .  .  . .____. .   | jdutka@wpi.bitnet        |
| Worcester Polytechnic	   |   |  |  | |    | |   | jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu       |
| WPI Box 2308             |   |  |  | |____| |   |                          |
| 100 Institute Road	   |   |  |  | |      |   +--------------------------+
| Worcester, MA 01609-2280 |   |__|__| |      |   | WPI  -  Home of the      |
| (508) 792-1949	   |                      | ever-growing tuition and |
| U.S.A.                   | (C) 1989, Chris Moir | freshman failure rate.   |
+--------------------------+----------------------+--------------------------+

) Seaman) (04/26/89)

<
< How about trantor.umd.edu (128.8.10.14) - it looks like a nice place to keep
< NIB V1.0, if you can upload to the site.  Or, you could simply netcopy it to
< people requesting it - if you have a UNIX system and bitnet at your site/the
< person requesting it.
<
< John A. Dutka  (jdutka)  jdutka@wpi.bitnet

PLEASE remember that A LOT of us have no acces to bitnet or any FTP
sites, and therefore cannot benefit from NIB if it is only available via
FTP.  For those of us in the rest of the world, PLEASE POST IT!!

--
Chris Seaman            |    o\  /o
crs@cpsc6a.att.com <or> |      ||         See "Attack of the Killer Smiley"!

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (04/26/89)

In article <1964@wpi.wpi.edu>, jdutka@wpi (John Dutka) writes:
>In article <13228@louie.udel.EDU> joe@bryans.scc.com writes:
>>I have a copy of NIB V1.0 copy which WILL copy Dungeon Master. Where should
>>I FTP it for everyone's access?
>
>How about trantor.umd.edu (128.8.10.14)...

Or XANTH.CS.ODU.EDU, which has a collection of relatively obscure
Amiga stuff.  There's a directory (/incoming) which is designed for
people outside Xanth to ``upload'' stuff.  Send mail to
<ftp-bugs@cs.odu.edu> if you put something there that's of interest to
others...

(This doesn't apply just to NIB, but to anyone who's looking for some
place to put Amiga stuff up for anonymous ftp.)

	...tad

PS: Yes, I know not everyone can do anonymous ftp.  Watch this
    newsgroup for an announcement about this, too... ;-)

donw@zehntel.zehntel.com (Don White) (05/03/89)

In article <517@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com> crs@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com (Chris (Oh, a wise guy!) Seaman) writes:
>In article <1964@wpi.wpi.edu>, jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
>< In article <13228@louie.udel.EDU> joe@bryans.scc.com writes:
>PLEASE remember that A LOT of us have no acces to bitnet or any FTP
>sites, and therefore cannot benefit from NIB if it is only available via
>FTP.  For those of us in the rest of the world, PLEASE POST IT!!
>Chris Seaman            |    o\  /o

       Amen! I'm curious JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE have ftp access. I sure don't.
   (do i?) Anyway, PLEASE post it.
       Thanks, Don W.

       zehntel!donw

doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) (05/06/89)

In article <825@zehntel.UUCP> donw@zehntel.UUCP (Don White) writes:
>       Amen! I'm curious JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE have ftp access. I sure don't.
>   (do i?)

Yes, you do...we just haven't told you yet, because we're part of
The USENET FTP Conspiracy To Prevent Convenient Access To Neat Software.
Just like you suspected all along, the world is out to get you.

Good idea about the census...ok, everybody *without* ftp access, raise
your hands. Lessee now, uh, I don't, that's one, you don't, that's two,
uh, three, four....[count, count, count].

Ok, now everybody *with* ftp access...[count, count, count].

Ah, so. The *with* votes are in the minority (although numerically there
are a lot of them). But they don't mind, because they've got software
archives to keep them happy. Don't begrudge them that, or they may not
mail it to you. (Confucius said that.)
	Doug
--
Doug Merritt			Member, Crusaders for a Better Tomorrow
{pyramid,apple}!xdos!doug	Professional Wildeyed Visionary

"Of course, I'm no rocket scientist" -- Randell Jesup, Capt. Boinger Corps