[comp.sys.amiga] IBM Hardrives connected with A1000

chasse@ziebmef.uucp (Ken Chasse) (05/05/89)

I know this is a really simple question, but what interfaces does one
need to run the likes of a non SCSI IBM Hardrive on my A1000?

How fast will data transfer be (I cant remember what it is called, but
something about dumping directly through the bus right into the memory
speeds things up quite a bit. What is that called?)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

/kc   chasse@ziebmef.UUCP

a3@mindlink.UUCP (Dave Allen) (05/07/89)

> chasse writes:
> I know this is a really simple question, but what interfaces does one
> need to run the likes of a non SCSI IBM Hardrive on my A1000?
>
> How fast will data transfer be (I cant remember what it is called, but
> something about dumping directly through the bus right into the memory
> speeds things up quite a bit. What is that called?)?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> /kc   chasse@ziebmef.UUCP

The April 1989 Issue of Amazing "Amiga" Computing has a very good spread on
Hard Drives with a lot of good information, however they neglected to mention
our product, the WEDGE for the A1000 and A500, after having received hardware
for evaluation over 6 months ago.

If you would like more information on our products, see my signature below.

--
RSI-where WEDGES come from  //                     Multi-Tasking is my life!
9651 Alexandra Road        //   Name: Dave Allen