[comp.sys.amiga] Long Lines

thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) (05/01/89)

A quick recommendation to those of you with "pretty" trailers--
Could you please make them 77 characters wide, instead of 80,
for those of us who run in CON: windows?

John

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (05/03/89)

In Message <14334@louie.udel.EDU>, thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) writes:

>A quick recommendation to those of you with "pretty" trailers--
>Could you please make them 77 characters wide, instead of 80,
>for those of us who run in CON: windows?

  Being in that same boat at one time (77 chars) I decided it would be easier
  if I expanded my CLI. Simply because the larger % of UseNet users are using
  80 col. machines and it was silly to ask them to switch for a small % that
  use Amigas.

  Sneakers

  PS:
     I used MOREROWS set to 30 & 30 then trimmed the size adjustments on my
	 1080.

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (05/08/89)

In article <14334@louie.udel.EDU> thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) writes:
>A quick recommendation to those of you with "pretty" trailers--
>Could you please make them 77 characters wide, instead of 80,
>for those of us who run in CON: windows?

If you were to run JimM's morerows program, it would convince Workbench to
open a screen bigger than 640 by 200.  After running this program (which can
be found on Fred Fish disk #54), you can resize the CON: window to be 80
columns by 25 lines, in spite of the title bar and resize gadget.

I recommend it.  The only program I've found that doesn't like morerows is
Eric Graham's movie program.  Both version 1.01 (Oct 27, 1987) and version 1.3
(03-Feb-1988) of this Sculpt-3D anim player die with the message "unable to
open window".  (They also require a stack bigger than 4300 bytes.)  This is
why the BoingThrows anim stopped working for me suddenly one day.

[If anyone wants to follow up on this topic of programs failing with
morerows, be sure to change the Subject: line.]
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | jms@antares.Tymnet.COM or jms@tymix.Tymnet.COM
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!antares!jms