[comp.sys.amiga] BSR X-10 and the Amiga

anelson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Alan L. Nelson) (05/11/89)

Does anyone have any information they can share regarding
using BSR X-10 controllers with the Amiga and using the controllers
in general.  Are there any mail-order houses specializing in
the various controllers?  Are there any specification manuals/
books available on the X-10 interface?

I have seen advertisements for "Intruder Alert" from Software
Terminal, Inc. and for Ami-X10 from Digitial Dynamics.  Has anyone
had any experience with either product?  How about using X-10
controllers on other machines?

My long term goal is to have the Amiga control various appliances
via voice commands.

Thanks, -Al.

you ... !uunet!ncrlnk!ncrcce!anelson

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (05/12/89)

In article <1281@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM> anelson@ncrcce.StPaul.NCR.COM (Alan L. Nelson) writes:
>My long term goal is to have the Amiga control various appliances
>via voice commands.

Along these same lines, I've just bought (at a computer flea market) one of the
programmable X-10 interfaces (the ones that remember and keep working
even when unplugged from the computer). Unfortunately, it's for the
Radio Shack Color Computer. Can anyone mail me any info they might have
on how to interface to this, including protocols and/or pinouts/levels,...
Thanks muchly     -- Darren New