[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaCron v2.3 is it safe?

manes@cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) (05/10/89)

I have been working with the release of UUCP/Usenet from "Sneakers" and
William Loftus, I set my system up with the example AmigaCron that was
given in the documentation.

I let the system run all night, and when I come back, I have a guru
0000004 waiting for me.  So I reboot and after time it happens again.
I watched the memory usage on the third time, and then is when I noticed
every minute / minute and a half I was losing about 1k of memory to never
never land.

I am using AmigaCron v2.3 that is distributed in the uucp software package.
This version was last edited in 11/88 by Sneakers himself.

Any help would be appreciated!

-mark=

Mark D. Manes                                          "In Amiga We Trust"
manes@xanth.UUCP

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (05/12/89)

In Message <8818@xanth.cs.odu.edu>, manes@cs.odu.edu (Mark Manes) writes:

>I let the system run all night, and when I come back, I have a guru
>0000004 waiting for me.  So I reboot and after time it happens again.
>I watched the memory usage on the third time, and then is when I noticed
>every minute / minute and a half I was losing about 1k of memory to never
>never land.

  Sounds odd - ive had heimat up and running for over a week straight (no
  crashes or resets) with no problems or loss of memory.

>I am using AmigaCron v2.3 that is distributed in the uucp software package.
>This version was last edited in 11/88 by Sneakers himself.

   All I can say is it works fine for himself ;-)  You might want to try the
   Cron program known as "Dcron". Dcron never worked for me but it seems to
   work for 99% of everyone else I talk with.

   Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS