[comp.sys.amiga] Too Fast

martens@ketch.cis.ohio-state.edu (Jeff Martens) (05/12/89)

In article <2948@rti.UUCP> bcw@rti.UUCP (Bruce Wright) writes:

>I have *NEVER* heard anyone complain because their {machine, operating
>system} was too fast!  (buggy code in process control systems excepted).

I have, though it was somewhat tongue in cheek.  Several years ago, I
was working on an Perkin-Elmer mini, and we got more memory.  As a
result, several OS functions that had been overlayed became resident,
and everything ran much faster.  A systems analyst complained that we
had done away with the time she spent daydreaming while waiting for
compiles.  Can't please everyone, I guess...
-=-
-- Jeff (martens@cis.ohio-state.edu)

Heilbronner and Thurow:  "There are no predictive laws in economics."
               Martens:  "No wonder I can't live within a budget!"