[comp.sys.amiga] Wildcards; was Re: A neat configuration for AmigaTeX....

doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) (05/13/89)

In article <11300@bloom-beacon.MIT.EDU> cthulhu@athena.mit.edu (Jim Reich) writes:
>No, as far as I can tell, zoo only supports one level of wildcarding [...]
>Three levels, anyone?  I think there may be some way to do it using Matt
>Dillon's shell's 'echo */*/*' and feeding that list to zoo, but remember,
>you need to feed it full directory names of each file...

I have a set of wildcarding routines that supports this. Plus both
standard AmigaDos *and* full ARP wildcards. Plus wildcard expansions
of device/volume/assigns. Available on request. Though I suppose I should
send 'em to comp.sources.amiga one of these days.

		*  *  *

>Hey, Tom -- what would be really neat would be a mod to TeX which allows it to
>read compressed .tfms from the cache... keep the real ones on the color disks,
>though, for compatibility...

I've got a tiny routine I use to do this on Unix, using popen();
it's been real handy for dealing with huge files as if they weren't
compressed. See, there was this 60 megabyte file, and I thought it
should be compressed to 15M, so I did and everybody lived happily
ever after. I don't want to screw with reinventing popen() on
AmigaDOS, though.
	Doug
--
Doug Merritt		{pyramid,apple}!xdos!doug	doug@xdos.com
Member, Crusaders for a Better Tomorrow		Professional Wildeyed Visionary

"Of course, I'm no rocket scientist" -- Randell Jesup, Capt. Boinger Corps