[comp.sys.amiga] Problem Saving A2000 Printer Preferences

petes@edsews.EDS.COM (Pete Starceski) (05/13/89)

I have an Amiga 2000HD and am running AmigaDOS 1.3 with Workbench. To alter
the printer preferences to my print device, a Panasonic 1124, select the
printer preferences icon under the Preferences Drawer.  After I poke down to
select Epson Q (for device), I then select "OK" and another screen displays.
At this screen, I poke SAVE and then the screen goes blank and the power
light begins to flicker.  I then receive a guru message of a software error
and am requested to depress the left mouse key.  The system then reboots and
comes up fine --- but alas the printer settings are not saved.  I am able to
succesfully alter the print settings when I use the preferences icon under
the Preferences Drawer.  Can you not directly alter print settings through
use of this Printer Preferences icon?

Any help here is appreciated.

(Is this a bug in 1.3?)

daveb@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Berezowski) (05/13/89)

In article <13646@edsews.EDS.COM> petes@edsews.EDS.COM (Pete Starceski) writes:
>I have an Amiga 2000HD and am running AmigaDOS 1.3 with Workbench. To alter
>the printer preferences to my print device, a Panasonic 1124, select the
>printer preferences icon under the Preferences Drawer.  After I poke down to
>select Epson Q (for device), I then select "OK" and another screen displays.
>At this screen, I poke SAVE and then the screen goes blank and the power
>light begins to flicker.  I then receive a guru message of a software error
>and am requested to depress the left mouse key.  The system then reboots and
>comes up fine --- but alas the printer settings are not saved.  I am able to
>succesfully alter the print settings when I use the preferences icon under
>the Preferences Drawer.  Can you not directly alter print settings through
>use of this Printer Preferences icon?
>
>Any help here is appreciated.
>
>(Is this a bug in 1.3?)

	Try deleting 'system-configuration' in 'devs:'.  Then go into prefs,
set everything up the way you want it and select save.  You may have a
bad file right now.  Let us know of the results.  To answer your question
directly;  Yes you can alter the print settings through use of the
Printer Preferences icon.  Are you running the release version of V1.3
or a beta/gamma copy?

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (05/14/89)

>In article <13646@edsews.EDS.COM> petes@edsews.EDS.COM (Pete Starceski) writes:
>>I have an Amiga 2000HD and am running AmigaDOS 1.3 with Workbench. To alter
>>the printer preferences to my print device, a Panasonic 1124, select the
>>printer preferences icon under the Preferences Drawer.  After I poke down to
>>select Epson Q (for device), I then select "OK" and another screen displays.
>>At this screen, I poke SAVE and then the screen goes blank and the power
>>light begins to flicker.  I then receive a guru message of a software error
>>and am requested to depress the left mouse key.  The system then reboots and
>>comes up fine --- but alas the printer settings are not saved.  I am able to
>>succesfully alter the print settings when I use the preferences icon under
>>the Preferences Drawer.  Can you not directly alter print settings through
>>use of this Printer Preferences icon?
>>
>>Any help here is appreciated.
>>
>>(Is this a bug in 1.3?)

After executing Preferences, run the script:
        Workbench:prefs/CopyPrefs.

This copies the preferences from the workbench partition, where
the preferences command has stored them, to the Boot partition,
v:where the t(system looks for them at boot time.

--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)