[comp.sys.amiga] Wierd stuff, or "Will this work under 1.4?"

thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (John A. Thywissen) (05/15/89)

In article <15756@gryphon.COM> Greg Marquez <gregmarq@pnet02.cts.com> writes:
 . . . . . .
>	Hows about creating a 'PROJECT' icon, with the default tool set
>to MyPaint.  Double click on that, up comes MyPaint.  Now name it
><data drawer>.info.  Now drag the icon to a new home.  Wait a minute, you
>might or might not say, what do I expect to happen when I drag the dumb
>'PROJECT' icon to it's new destination. . .do I expect it to copy the
>directory and its contents just 'cause I happend to name it that way?
>
>	Yes.  And it works.  Dragging this 'PROJECT' icon will copy the
>entire drawer (just as if it were a 'DRAWER' icon).  Try it at home.  Now
>for the good stuff!
>
>QUESTION 1: Has anyone else done this before?
 . . . . .

Hey!  You can't do that!  I thought of it first!  (Just kidding.)
It is really interesting that we developed the same solution
independantly.  I have found no trouble with this, but it would
be interesting to hear what C-A has to say.

I keep an application library (better than overlays), the prototype
project .info file(s), and configuration data in this directory.
-------
John A. Thywissen                 <thywiss@csvax.cs.ukans.edu>
1122 West Campus Rd.  Rm. 213        /| |\/| |  / \ |\
Lawrence, KS  66045-8081            / | |  | | |    | \