[comp.sys.amiga] Way to go, CBM advertising!

migh@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6510300~Mike Hall~C24~M26a~6029~) (05/13/89)

Hey! Great job, you advertising-type folks, for the great looking
ads in this month's (and last month's) Electronic Musician.  Real
nice spread, professional looking (more so than the rougher quality
"multi-tasking mind" hype), to the point, and yet with diverse topics.

I also like they way you managed to fit it in the middle of the audio
workstation article.  Here's all this interesting high-tech expensive
whoop-dee-doo gear, and then, what's this?  A cool ad for an affordable
Amiga, that can do what?  Make sounds.  Play 'em.  Do video.  And animation.
Pretty nice!

(OK, for the silly wish:  could we have a WriteRastLine(rp, x, y, n, buf)
subroutine that might effectively replace a whole bunch of
WritePixel(rp, x, y, p) calls?  And maybe even a WriteRastColumn(...)
for spectrogram type stuff.
Would there be any benefit in putting it "your" code versus in "our" code?
Thanks!)

Mike Hall

kevin@uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) (05/13/89)

In article <2796@cuuxb.ATT.COM> migh@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6510300~Mike Hall~C24~M26a~6029~) writes:

>(OK, for the silly wish:  could we have a WriteRastLine(rp, x, y, n, buf)
>subroutine that might effectively replace a whole bunch of
>WritePixel(rp, x, y, p) calls?  And maybe even a WriteRastColumn(...)
>for spectrogram type stuff.
>Would there be any benefit in putting it "your" code versus in "our" code?
>Thanks!)
>
>Mike Hall

I asked Dale Luck for this a year or two ago.  Yes.  There would be a good
performance advantage to doing it this way.  I believe Dale implemented this
for 1.4.  I think that he implemented a horizontal and vertical version
of the routines.  Is this correct Dale?

Kevin
--
UUCP:  kevin@uts.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,seismo,oliveb}!amdahl!kevin

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]

page%swap@Sun.COM (Bob Page) (05/15/89)

migh@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6510300~Mike Hall~C24~M26a~6029~) wrote:
>Hey! Great job, you advertising-type folks, for the great looking
>ads in this month's (and last month's) Electronic Musician.  Real

Ditto for the ad in an unexpected (to me, anyway) place: ADWEEK's
MARKETING WEEK magazine ... the weekly magazine for those execs doing
ads and marketing (hey, I read everything, ok?).  Real nice full page
ad in the inside front cover telling marketers why they need the
Amiga.

Nice to see good, focused Amiga ads from Commodore!

..bob

ali@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ali T. Ozer) (05/17/89)

In article <104752@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> page@sun.UUCP (Bob Page) writes:
>migh@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6510300~Mike Hall~C24~M26a~6029~) wrote:
>>Hey! Great job, you advertising-type folks, for the great looking
>>ads in this month's (and last month's) Electronic Musician.  Real
>Ditto for the ad in an unexpected (to me, anyway) place: ADWEEK's
>MARKETING WEEK magazine

And there's a pretty neat ad in the June 89 "Publish" --- the ad even hints
that a color Mac II system might cost a lot than an Amiga system. It also
mentions that the ad was done with the Amiga.

Ali