[comp.sys.amiga] Micron memory expansion won't allow autoboot!

mplevine@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Marshall P. Levine) (05/17/89)

I have an AMIGA 2000 with a Micron 2-meg expansion board.  I also have a
Great Valley Products/Quantum 40 hardcard.  I have been told by many people
that a design flaw in the Micron board confuses OS 1.3 if the 1.3 kickstart
chips are installed (and the hard drive's autoboot ROMs are installed).  This
is going to cause MAJOR problems for me.  I NEED TO AUTOBOOT!  Does anyone
know if Micron is fixing boards, or is there some way I can fix it?  Or
can I replace it with a new version of the board?  Who should I talk to?

- Marshall

urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP (Rostyk Lewyckyj) (05/18/89)

In article <8466@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>, mplevine@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Marshall P. Levine) writes:
> I have an AMIGA 2000 with a Micron 2-meg expansion board.  I also have a
> Great Valley Products/Quantum 40 hardcard.  I have been told by many people
> that a design flaw in the Micron board confuses OS 1.3 if the 1.3 kickstart
> chips are installed (and the hard drive's autoboot ROMs are installed).  This
> is going to cause MAJOR problems for me.  I NEED TO AUTOBOOT!  Does anyone
> know if Micron is fixing boards, or is there some way I can fix it?  Or
> can I replace it with a new version of the board?  Who should I talk to?

Isn't that Micron board really an ASDG board in disguise?
According to Perry their board doesn't have any flaws.
So it must be something else. :-|
But I hear that Perry is a very helpfull man, so perhaps you could
ask him. He may have already seen your posting since he does post
informatoion about his products in this group.
How so ever, ifn it is a conflict between those two products
Who's to decide which one should change therir product to work
with the other??? :-[