[comp.sys.amiga] amigas for sale?

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (people helping people) (05/16/89)

I have a few friends that are looking for the amiga 1000 (used)
in a price range around 200 - 350.  I remember hearing about a
few stores that still had them a few months back, but don't
remember the names.

Could somebody email me a list of places and prices and also
if you have one for sale, please let me know so I can tell my friends.

Thanks!

Hans

***********************    Hans Bechtel
* Amiga is One    /   *    hansb@ariel.unm.edu
* of The Best    /    *    (505) 275-2797
************** \/ ***** (finger hansb@ariel.unm.edu for other interests)

hutch@celerity.uucp (Jim Hutchison) (05/19/89)

In <5094@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.unm.edu (people helping people) writes:
>I have a few friends that are looking for the amiga 1000 (used)
>in a price range around 200 - 350.  I remember hearing about a
>few stores that still had them a few months back, but don't
>remember the names.

This is a rather interesting issue, you can get used/reconditioned
(either & both) A1000's from several vendors.  Warner Electronics, San Diego
is among them (no personal affiliation or guarantee).  These places
are a better source of used computers for a number of reasons.  The
last one I was checking out was a used & refurbed A1000 with 512k + 1080
for $650.  Not too bad as I baught mine refurbed 2 years ago for $750.
The second advantage that comes directly to mind is accountability.
A single individual in area X can sell a computer and then disappear,
this is not possible for a computer company with a going concern.  This
advantage disappears if the company is not reputable, so be cautious.
If for some reason the machine is DOA, you have a better chance of the
dealer fixing it.  If its CA, you can take it back, it's the law.

And for all those left over A1000 owners that want trade-ins for 2XXXs,
many companys are willing to do this so that they can sell your used A1000
for A500 prices.  For the price of an AmigaWorld and a few minutes of
dialing, you too can be an expert. :-)
/*    Jim Hutchison   		{dcdwest,ucbvax}!ucsd!celerity!hutch  */
/*    Disclaimor:  I am not an official spokesman for FPS computing   */