[comp.sys.amiga] HAM IFF to GIF

samir_siddiqui@brains.UUCP (Samir Siddiqui) (05/17/89)

HAM IFF to GIF:

   Does anyone out there know of a program that will ocnvert ham files (that
have fuzzy blue things coming onto the screen) to GIF format properly. The
GIF converter that I have right now (it is 2 years old now, and it is called
iff2gif), converts the file, but it is all garbled up. I would also like to
know on what BBS I could find such a program. Thanks in advance.
--
   -===------===-    From Samir Siddiqui at Cerebral Cortex BBS System
  -==-==----==-==-   (902)462-7245 3/1200 8N1 24h/7d

chas@gtss.gatech.edu (Charles Cleveland) (05/19/89)

In article <4543@brains.UUCP> samir_siddiqui%brains@iisat.UUCP writes:
)   Does anyone out there know of a program that will ocnvert ham files (that
)have fuzzy blue things coming onto the screen) to GIF format properly. The

I've just checked and NONE of my HAM files have any fuzzy blue things coming
onto the screen :-<.   Perhaps my morerowed preferences have shifted the screen
too far to the left?  Or does this indicate a hardware problem?  Do I need to
upgrade one of the custom chips (I don't even have extra-halfbrite!)?

Or has someone just written a blue version of Robotroff that sits quietly
in memory until someone opens a HAM screen, and then....  Wow!  I wonder
if it would fit in the boot code.  What a concept!  The Smurf virus.  And
after you've booted your machine some number of times, they all go crazy
and rape the Smurfette.  In 4096 preemtively multitasking colors.

Let's see 'em try that under MultiFlounder.
--
"Our vision is to speed up time, eventually eliminating it." -- Alex Schure

Charles Cleveland   Georgia Tech School of Physics   Atlanta, GA 30332-0430
UUCP: ...!gatech!gtss!chas                  INTERNET:  chas@gtss.gatech.edu

dwi@manta.NOSC.MIL (Steve Stamper) (05/19/89)

In article <4543@brains.UUCP> samir_siddiqui%brains@iisat.UUCP writes:
>the GIF converter that I have right now (it is 2 years old now, and it is called
>iff2gif), converts the file, but it is all garbled up. I would also like to
>know on what BBS I could find such a program. Thanks in advance.

I have foound iff2gif does not convert much of anything that is not
320X200 or 400.  Anyone have an GIF to IFF converter that will
work on large (like 1024X768) files?

-Roger