[comp.sys.amiga] Photon Paint II and PageStream

pa1039@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (Vinh Le) (05/17/89)

About four or five weeks ago, I sent for updates on Dpaint and Photon Paint.
I received my Dpaint III within two weeks.  I have yet to see Photon Paint II,
although a local computer store has it already.  So what's up?  Has anyone
gotten their update yet?  Concerning PageStream, some people already have
version 1.6 and have commented that it is a much more stable program.  I
sent in my free update card and have received nothing yet.  If you have 1.6,
when did you get it?  How long after registering did you get it?

			\/inh |_e

BitNet: vle@UCSD.BITNET
InterNet: vle@UCSD.EDU

miller@intvax.UUCP (Dave Miller) (05/18/89)

In article <1516@sdcc15.ucsd.edu>, pa1039@sdcc15.ucsd.edu (Vinh Le) writes:
> About four or five weeks ago, I sent for updates on Dpaint and Photon Paint.
> I received my Dpaint III within two weeks.  I have yet to see Photon Paint II,
> although a local computer store has it already.  So what's up?  Has anyone
> gotten their update yet?  Concerning PageStream, some people already have
> version 1.6 and have commented that it is a much more stable program.  I
> sent in my free update card and have received nothing yet.  If you have 1.6,
> when did you get it?  How long after registering did you get it?
>
> 			\/inh |_e
>
> BitNet: vle@UCSD.BITNET
> InterNet: vle@UCSD.EDU

Funny you should post this today.  I just called MicroIllusions this morning
about my Photon Paint upgrade after realizing that they had cashed my $40.00
check over a month ago but never sent the update.  The girl who answered the
phone mumbled something about them being back-ordered.  I didn't quite
understand this since they are supposedly not a mail-order firm but the
originators of the software.  Anyway, I made her take my name and number in
hopes that someone would determine the status of my order.  I don't expect
to hear back from them, but I'll wait another week and see what happens.

                                           Dave Miller
                                           Sandia Labs, Albuquerque
                                           unmvax!intvax!miller

hal@hpscdc.HP.COM (Hal Work) (05/24/89)

I also just noticed that MicroIllusions cashed my check over a month
ago.  I'm about ready to call and take further action.