[comp.sys.amiga] User Interface design

stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Steve Ludtke) (05/21/89)

Hi. I seem to recall hearing about some sort of program which will allow
you to design a user interface, ie gadgets, windows, menus, etc ...
and provide C source output. Does anyone know what I'm talking about ?
I've had it with having to look up structures every time I need to design
a user interface, then having to do hours of testing to get screen placement
down, etc ...  Are there any pd or commercial problems to remedy this
problem ??? Thanks ....
						--stevel

Steve Ludtke
stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu              ..!cit-vax!tybalt.caltech.edu!stevel
stevel@citiago  (Bitnet)               OBS949     (Amer PPl lnk)
72335,1537      (Compuserve)           XJM16487   (Genie)

stevel%tybalt.caltech.edu@mitvma.mit.edu (Steve Ludtke) (05/24/89)

>Hi. I seem to recall hearing about some sort of program which will allow
>you to design a user interface, ie gadgets, windows, menus, etc ...
>?and provide C source output. Does anyone know what I'm talking about ?
>I've had it with having to look up structures every time I need to design
>a user interface, then having to do hours of testing to get screen placement
>down, etc ...  Are there any pd or commercial problems to remedy this
>problem ??? Thanks ....
>                            --stevel

>Steve Ludtke
>stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu              ..!cit-vax!tybalt.caltech.edu!stevel
>stevel@citiago  (Bitnet)               OBS949     (Amer PPl lnk)
>72335,1537      (Compuserve)           XJM16487   (Genie)

     I have a program called MenuEd, which lets one create menus and
 gives you C source.  I haven't ever used it in a program, but it looks
 fairly good.  I have MenuEd 1.2 by David Pehrson (Mantis Development).

     I have also a Gadget Editor, but it is quite buggy.

     /*
          F. Michael Theilig               OHA101 at URIACC.Bitnet

               "There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
                                     in fact it is all dark."
                                                                       */

dsking@pyr.gatech.EDU ( David King) (05/24/89)

In article <16102@louie.udel.EDU> stevel%tybalt.caltech.edu@mitvma.mit.edu (Steve Ludtke) writes:
>     I have a program called MenuEd, which lets one create menus and
> gives you C source.  I haven't ever used it in a program, but it looks
> fairly good.  I have MenuEd 1.2 by David Pehrson (Mantis Development).

    Hmmm....The version of this I got a while
back would crash under KS1.2.  Its been a while
but I think it happened on startup.  If yours
works I'd love to hear how you did it.

    It was also shareware - I didn't get in touch with the author.

    The buggy gadget editor you are probably talking about is
probably EGad - this was worked on by the Software Distillery and I
don't think if got past the early-Alpha stage.

    A commercial program that probably started this discussion (not referenced
in this article) is PowerWindows.  I've only played with the demo version so
I don't feel qualified to comment on it.

	Luck,
	-David

--
 David King - 	FROM Disclaimers IMPORT Standard;
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!dsking

stevel@tybalt.caltech.edu (Steve Ludtke) (05/24/89)

Sorry to waste net bandwidth with this, but my mail file got trashed before
I could send individual responses. Thank you to everyone who responded
to my recent query about programs used in user interface design.
Powerwindows was reccomended by just about everybody. By the way, to those
of you who said V2.0 was the most recent, the company I ordered it from
today said that I'd be getting V2.5. thanks again