[comp.sys.amiga] Timex Sinclair DOS vs. CRAY-2 DOS

greg@dekalb.UUCP (Greg Philmon) (05/12/89)

Ya know, I don't know what causes people to do stupid things like buy a CRAY.

Really!  It's should be very clear to all that you'd be MUCH better off with
a Timex Sinclair!  Look at what you get:

	1) Multitasking (with two or more units)

	2) Multiuser (see above)

	3) Connectivity (ah, here it where the Sinclair REALLY excels!  It
		has several features that allow it to be used with hardware
		from hundreds of other vendors - right off the shelf!  No
		modifications necessary!  It has this neat little 3-prong
		plug that will allow it to interface with almost ANY house-
		hold electrical system!  Also, it drives monitors from
		HUNDREDS of different manufacturers!)

	4) Portability (try sticking a CRAY into your briefcase!)

    I could go on and on ...

This is the future!  It's beats out AmigaDOS, it whips OS/2, and CRAY can't
hold a candle to 'em!  Where else can you get such a low cost-per-user computer
setup?  So why bother getting all upset about whether AmigaDOS is better/worse
than OS/2?  Pretty soon both companies will be overrun by Sinclair fanatics.

What!?  Not convinced?  Oh well, I guess we need a major flame war, then.

I _KNOW_ that'll convince you.

(If you must reply, send EMAIL - no one else cares if you're upset w/ me.)

    | Greg Philmon  ...gatech!dekalb!greg   CIS: 72261,1724 |
    | Greg Philmon  ...gatech!dekalb!greg   CIS: 72261,1724 |

mike@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Smithwick) (05/25/89)

In article <503@dekalb.UUCP> greg@dekalb.UUCP (Greg Philmon) writes:
>Ya know, I don't know what causes people to do stupid things like buy a CRAY.
>
>Really!  It's should be very clear to all that you'd be MUCH better off with
>a Timex Sinclair!  Look at what you get:

[deleted some alphabet thingies]

<This is the future!  It's beats out AmigaDOS, it whips OS/2, and CRAY can't
<hold a candle to 'em!  Where else can you get such a low cost-per-user computer
<setup?

Ever since I bought my Sinclair, I gave the Cray-2 to the kids for
games.

Problem is that the Sinclair is a bit pokey running X-windows, and I'm
still waiting for Wordperfect for the ZX-80, sigh.

          *** mike (still looking for a publisher) smithwick ***
Infinity Software, 1986-1989, RIP, (ha! ha! ha! haaaa!)

[disclaimer : nope, I don't work for NASA, I take full blame for my ideas]