[comp.sys.amiga] dvi2iff.tar.Z in louie.udel.edu

hansb@ariel.unm.edu (people helping people) (05/25/89)

I recently ftp'd the source of this file (in the subject line)
and was wondering if ANYBODY had it up and running already?

Please email it to me if you do have it, or email me if you know
where it is already compiled and working.

Is it meant for Unix or just the Amiga?
If it is for Unix, is there a Makefile to compile it?
If it is for the Amiga, which compiler will work?

Thanks!
Hans

***********************    Hans Bechtel
* Amiga is One    /   *    hansb@ariel.unm.edu
* of The Best    /    *    (505) 275-2797
************** \/ ***** (finger hansb@ariel.unm.edu for other interests)

rminnich@super.ORG (Ronald G Minnich) (05/25/89)

In article <5134@charon.unm.edu> hansb@ariel.unm.edu (people helping people) writes:
>[describes getting dvi2iff]
>Is it meant for Unix or just the Amiga?
Oh my, how your past can come back to haunt you.
dvi2iff is a little hack i wrote about 2.5 or so years ago.
It converts dvi files to iff files (compressed format, it uses
the simple RLE that was provided by EA). It includes the (old) IFF sources
hacked to run on a sun. It will expect you to have lots of .pxl files
hanging around (if i remember right). The basic main program, dvi2iff
or main.c (i forget) is a hacked version of the old X windows xdvi
previewer.
   I never got it to run on an Amiga. That was more a matter of my
unhappiness with LC v3.03 than anything else.It would however produce IFF files
that were right, and that you could look at with iff viewers.
   Given the amount of work to make it do simple previewing, and
given a copy of the AmigaTeX demo Tom sent me, I got smart and bought AmigaTeX.
   I hope you can use it for something, though ...
ron