[comp.sys.amiga] VideoScape 3.0 - HAM Anims

will1990@dunkirk.DKK (The phone Cops) (05/24/89)

I have VideoScape, an A500, the 501 expansion, and an extra Drive. I want
to use it to string together a total of 24 HAM images into a simple animation
. But, my Amiga has a different persuasion. It will load the Pic onto the
screen, but refuses to save it, I.E., it gives different messages. One of
them is "Not Enough Memory for bitmap2", well only some of the time. The
other is "Can't open recording file". On An EMPTY Disk? why? Is it because
I don't have enough memory? Would some knowledgable GURU please explain
to me how to get this to work or why it can't be done?

Or, If there's an easier way to do it outside of VS, tell me how...

Thanx
-mike williamson

baer@percival.UUCP (Ken Baer) (05/25/89)

In article <185@dunkirk.DKK> will1990@dunkirk.UUCP (The phone Cops) writes:
>I have VideoScape, an A500, the 501 expansion, and an extra Drive. I want
>to use it to string together a total of 24 HAM images into a simple animation

Sounds like you're running out of memory (very easy to do when packing ANIMs).
There are several ways to pack the ANIM outside of Videoscape.  If you use
a smaller program to do the packing, you'll have more memory to do it.
One way is to use Animation:Flipper (from Hash Enterprises).  There are also
a couple of public domain packer programs, but I've heard of some problems
with them, especially with HAM.  There are other packers that use different
formats, but then you lose ANIM compatability.

Hope this helps.

--
	-Ken Baer.
   //   Hash Enterprises: Choosy Toons Choose Hash.