[comp.sys.amiga] Video boards

bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Robert Barton) (05/28/89)

In article <May.25.00.48.17.1989.14165@pilot.njin.net> limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) writes:
>What are you talking about?  At NG... (um...  National Graphics...
>ummm... well, it was one of the first articles in the latest Amiga
>Sentry... but I digress) and at the most recent JAUG meeting (Jersey
>Amiga Users' Group) Active Circuits has demonstrated the following
>setup:
>
>A2500 (A2000 works too)
>A2286 (A2088 works too) Bridgeboard
>Targa-16 board (Targa-32 and TrueVision work too) video buffer
>ImageLink by Active Circuits

  Sounds nice.  Is there some reason why you didn't give the price?

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (05/28/89)

In article <1273@psueea.UUCP> bartonr@psu-cs.cs.pdx.edu (Robert Barton) writes:

> In article <May.25.00.48.17.1989.14165@pilot.njin.net> limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) writes:
> >A2500 (A2000 works too)
> >A2286 (A2088 works too) Bridgeboard
> >Targa-16 board (Targa-32 and TrueVision work too) video buffer
> >ImageLink by Active Circuits
>
>   Sounds nice.  Is there some reason why you didn't give the price?

Ah the high-end life: If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

Well, I'll let your local dealer tell you the price of the C-A
equipment.  The Targa or TrueVision boards cost differently, so I can
only recommend that you contact a authorized Targa or TrueVision
dealer.  (I only know of one, so it would sound biased if I only
mentioned him).  Honestly, I don't know the price of the ImageLink
software.  I was told the price before it's shipped, but now that it's
shipping I think they changed the configuration (Targa support is
separate, etc) so if I quote the figure I heard I would could only be
wrong.

I'm really very sorry that the above was such a non-answer.  The best
that I can say is "More than I can afford, but if I was a video studio
I would end up paying twice as much for ANY of the competition's
systems; and that makes it a bargain."

I can only suggest that you wait for the advertisements to come out,
or maybe someone with better knowledge can post?
--
 Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
       Drew University -- Box 1060, Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389