[comp.sys.amiga] STDWIN

new@udel.EDU (Darren New) (05/23/89)

I FOUND IT!    :-)
It can be found at uunet.uu.net:amiga-sources/stdwin/*
(I remember looking there -- I must have had the wrong directory)
If anyone can't get through to uunet.uu.net, let me know
and I will see about putting it on louie.udel.edu.
However, I don't know what good that will do.
(Thanks, ron and everyone else...)
	    -- Darren

After posting my reply where one may find the STDWIN stuff, I decided to FTP
it myself and see why there's so much excitement about it.

Seems it produces Macintosh-like screens, windows, menus, etc. on all the
systems to which it's been ported (including X11).

So, if you want a Maculator on the Amiga, port STDWIN instead!  :-)  :-)

Thad Floryan [thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad]

rminnich@super.ORG (Ronald G Minnich) (05/25/89)

In article <18731@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>Seems it produces Macintosh-like screens, windows, menus, etc. on all the
>systems to which it's been ported (including X11).
not only that, it works. I have used it under X11.
Not only that, it is pretty easy to program. It is absolute
heaven to write windows software for as compared to Intuition or
(ack!) X11. It doesn't give you all the flexibility of these systems,
but actually *I dont care*. I don't have time to learn how to use
all that stuff anyway.
Stdwin is pretty nice. Take a look.
ron

The impressive claim is that STDWIN programs will run under Curses. This
is really impressive.

The bad news is that all STDWIN windows are effectively simple-refresh,
because that's the only mode the Mac and X-windows support.
--
Peter "Have you hugged your wolf today" da Silva      `-_-'
...texbell!sugar!peter, or peter@sugar.hackercorp.com  'U`