[comp.sys.amiga] linker libraries needed

rademach@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Simon Rademacher) (05/28/89)

OK, so I'm setting up the assembler recently posted (A68k) and I need
libraries like amiga.lib and lc.lib.  Also, the book I'm using always does
an include of dos_lib.i.  Can these be gotten PD (or shareware)? or am I
going to have to buy some kind of developers' package?

I was also trying to get the recent C complier working (zc).  Can anyone point
me to some include files?  I have a package that amounts to strings.h, but what
about stdio.h?  Gosh, I didn't want to do anything fancy, just some simple
stuff to get started on Amiga programming.

Please excuse any ignorances shown, but the only way to cure ignorance is to
get information.  Thanks a lot for info, pointers, kind words, small gifts...
Oops! Sorry, got carried away.

=======================================
=          Simon Rademacher           =
= rademach%tramp@boulder.colorado.edu =

DMasterson@cup.portal.com (David Scott Masterson) (05/29/89)

By the way, does one need to get some sort of update to Manx 3.6a for
AmigaDOS 1.3?  How old now is Manx 3.6a?  Any sign of 4.0?

David Masterson
DMasterson@cup.portal.com

In <9064@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, rademach@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Simon Rademacher) writes:
> OK, so I'm setting up the assembler recently posted (A68k) and I need
> libraries like amiga.lib and lc.lib.  Also, the book I'm using always does
> an include of dos_lib.i.  Can these be gotten PD (or shareware)? or am I
> going to have to buy some kind of developers' package?
>
> I was also trying to get the recent C complier working (zc).  Can anyone point
> me to some include files?  I have a package that amounts to strings.h, but what
> about stdio.h?  Gosh, I didn't want to do anything fancy, just some simple
> stuff to get started on Amiga programming.
>
> Please excuse any ignorances shown, but the only way to cure ignorance is to
> get information.  Thanks a lot for info, pointers, kind words, small gifts...
> Oops! Sorry, got carried away.

Well, there is a smalllib.lib available with most of the functionality of
amiga.lib, but in general, no, there are no real PD alternatives to amiga.lib
or the includes. (You shouldn't need lc.lib, unless you really need
Lattice-specific functions).

Anyway, what you can do is to send money to CBM and ask for the '1.3 Native
Developer Update'. It costs $20, plus $2.50 for potage/handling, and you do not
need to be a registered developer to buy it. It's well worth it, and will save
you a lot of trouble.

Other products available:

     IFF Docs and Disk                      11/01/88          $20 (US)

     1.3 Native Developer Update
        (Includes, Autodocs, etc.)          10/18/88          $20 (US)

     Amiga Software Toolkit
        (Wack and other utilities)          09/88             $25 (US)

     A500/A2000 Tech Ref Manual             08/87             $40 (US)

     A1000 Schematics & Expansion Specs     06/09/86          $20 (US)

     1986 Developer's Conference Notes      11/05/86          $20 (US)

     AmigaMail (1 year = 6 issues)          --------          $25 (US)

Order from:

           CATS - ORDERS
           Software Administration
           CBM
           1200 Wilson Drive
           West Chester, PA  19380

--
Van Roy's Law:  An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
|   //   Larry Phillips                                                |