[comp.sys.amiga] Why don't screen blankers watch *both* mouse ports?

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (05/30/89)

Just curious: why do most screen blankers (at least including dmouse,
pyro and one other which I forget now) watch ONLY the kbd and first mouse
port?   Would watching both of the mouse ports be that much harder?
  [yes, I keep getting bitten by it... :-(]

/Bernie\

ps, as far as screen blankers go, *check*out*Pyro!*  (it is on one of the recent
Fish disks... something like 205...).  It is *really* neat!  /b\

deven@rpi.edu (Deven Corzine) (05/30/89)

In article <40614@bbn.COM> cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) writes:

> ps, as far as screen blankers go, *check*out*Pyro!* (it is on one of
> the recent Fish disks... something like 205...).  It is *really*
> neat!  /b\

I assume Pyro! is probably the same program as on the MacII I've
seen...  Yes, it is neat, and a nice way to "blank" the screen...

Deven
--
shadow@[128.113.10.2]   <shadow@pawl.rpi.edu> Deven T. Corzine (518) 272-5847
shadow@[128.113.10.201] <shadow@acm.rpi.edu>  2346 15th St.    Pi-Rho America

pl@etana.tut.fi (Lehtinen Pertti) (05/30/89)

From article <40614@bbn.COM>, by cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell):
> Just curious: why do most screen blankers (at least including dmouse,
> pyro and one other which I forget now) watch ONLY the kbd and first mouse
> port?   Would watching both of the mouse ports be that much harder?
>   [yes, I keep getting bitten by it... :-(]

	I get bitten by the fact that some mouse blankers don't
	notice mouse moves made from keyboard, so using machine
	without mouse (this time with broken mouse) it
	causes problems.
	It's nasty to search for menu with invisible pointer.

Pertti Lehtinen				!  Alone at the edge of the world  !
Tampere University of Technology	! -------------------------------- !
Software Systems Laboratory