[comp.sys.amiga] New way to address Kilowatt

raz%kilowatt@Sun.COM (Steve -Raz- Berry) (06/02/89)

In article <694@corpane.UUCP> sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:
>In article <0651.AA0651@chroma> bryan@chroma.UUCP (Bryan Ford) writes:
>> [starts this thanking business...]

>Well I attempted to send him mail thanking him, but it kept bouncing :-(

>So did all attempts to get to the servers at the addresses he gave in his
>messages.

 Yeah, there is a problem somewhere. The address(es) you should use from now on is:

	archive-server%kilowatt@sun.com
or
	server%kilowatt@sun.com

If you use a uucp address, that you'll have to play with until it works, but
it's the same as before:

	{backbone}sun!kilowatt!archive-server

Apparently Sun isn't broadcasting my MX record or some such voodoo...
This new addressing method is apparently a hack to get around the problem.

>Soooooooo.... Thanks Steve., I am sure I will get ahold of Archive-server
>sooner or later. I was going to thank you in email but what the hey...
>This mail serve is something us non-ftp people have needed for a long time.
>I know it's a lot of work to keep up and it uses a lot of valuable storage
>space, and we all do appreciate it very much.

Storage provided by Sun, most of the work is done by the CPU. I just answer
questions and point the way to enlightened serving ;-)

>John Sparks   |  {rutgers|uunet}!ukma!corpane!sparks | D.I.S.K. 24hrs 1200bps

---

Steve -Raz- Berry      Disclaimer: I didn't do nutin!
UUCP: sun!kilowatt!raz                    ARPA: raz%kilowatt.EBay@sun.com
"Fate, it protects little children, old women, and ships named Enterprise"