[comp.sys.amiga] Bare A2620

ferg@pnet01.cts.com (John Ferguson) (05/31/89)

joe@bryans.scc.com writes:
>> If you can tell me where I can purchase a A2620 without having to buy a
>> A2500, I would be happy to NOT TRADE IN MY A2000! (arg!!!)...  However,
>> I can't seem to purchase a A2620, they all seem to come with an extra
>> A2000...  When I call CBM and ask them when they will be available, they
>> say: Not available, maybe after the conference.
>
>I've seen A2620 boards for Amiga 2000's for sale in the local Amiga computer
>stores for under $2000. I can't see why you can't find one in your local
>area, or a mail order house that will be willing to sell one to you...

Why would you want to pay $2000 for it when you could get a complete 2500 for
$3300 mail order?  Another $1300 and you got a 2500, I'm sure yo could sell
your 2000 for close to whats needed.
                                              ____
                                              |_
                                              |  erg

US Mail: P.O. Box 2104, La Mesa CA,  92044
Voice: (619) 670-3161  Modem: (619) 670-1095
ARPA: crash!pnet01!ferg@nosc.mil              INET: ferg@pnet01.cts.com

                     -=[  In Stereo Where Available  ]=-

blgardne@esunix.UUCP (Blaine Gardner) (06/03/89)

From article <4279@crash.cts.com>, by ferg@pnet01.cts.com (John Ferguson):
> joe@bryans.scc.com writes:
>>> If you can tell me where I can purchase a A2620 without having to buy a
>>> A2500, I would be happy to NOT TRADE IN MY A2000! (arg!!!)...  However,

>>I've seen A2620 boards for Amiga 2000's for sale in the local Amiga computer
>>stores for under $2000.

> Why would you want to pay $2000 for it when you could get a complete 2500 for
> $3300 mail order?

I'm rather surprised at all this noise about the A2620 being
unavailable, and costing $2000. I ordered one from CompuAbility last week
and  it arrived yesterday (8 days including the holiday). It was $1349
including shipping, which was the best price of half a dozen mailorder
places I talked to that all claimed to have the A26020 in stock.

The A2620 works great, I'm very impressed with it (thanks Dave !) The
only problem I had was pretty trivial: the card was just a bit too long,
and the metal plate that screws to the back of the computer hung up on
the RF shielding above the RS-232 connector. A little wiggling, prying,
and cussing got it in though.

Now how about some pointers to software that I can't live without now
that I've got a 2620? :-) (I've got SetCPU 1.4 already, thanks again to
Dave for the FastROM option.)

--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland    580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
Here: utah-cs!esunix!blgardne   {ucbvax,allegra,decvax}!decwrl!esunix!blgardne