[comp.sys.amiga] Request for *THE* demo...

aegnor@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (David C. Powell) (06/01/89)

As I have *NO* FTP access, and the fact that I have *NO* idea where to
look (dealers?)  If some kind soul out there has *THE* BOING! demo, (the
very 1st demo?) would they please UUencode it and E-mail it to me purty
please!?  I have heard of this, but NEVER seen it, and would LOVE to
add this to my collection of software...  Now after this all I need
is KS/WB 1.0 and an ABasic manual (originals OF COURSE...)  I bought my
1000 off of a guy who only had the 1.0 Extras disk, NO KS/WB 1.0 or
Abasic manual...  :-(

Thanks!

                                  David C. Powell
                                  M.I.S. Senior
                                  Ball State University
                                  Muncie, Indiana

*-David Powell :ARPA: aegnor@bsu-cs.bsu.edu--------------------------*
| \/ President :UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!aegnor       |
| /\etwnk Industries, Ltd. :                                         |
*-"If it doesn't work, we DIDN'T do it!"-----------------------------*

jms@doctor.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (06/03/89)

In article <7528@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> aegnor@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (David C. Powell) writes:
>If some kind soul out there has *THE* BOING! demo, (the very 1st demo?) ...
>I have heard of this, but NEVER seen it, and would LOVE to add this to my
>collection.

Go out and get a copy of Fred Fish disk #112.  It includes an entry from the
0th BADGE Killer-Demo Contest called BULLY.  It puts up a bunch of screens,
then pushes them around (up, down, front, back, etc).  One screen is a
variation on ViewILBM that does color cycling on Zippy the Pinhead.  Another
screen is a large BOING! ball bouncing off the floor and walls with sound
effects.  I believe this is the original BOING! demo.

Personally, I am looking for the RoboCity demo.  I know it doesn't do much,
but I'd like to have it in my collection.
[Tom or Ali: is it available via anonymous ftp at Stanford?]

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms