[comp.sys.amiga] De-protecting Emerald Mines

rcj1@ihlpf.ATT.COM (00771a-Jender) (05/23/89)

	I'm really tired of my emerald mines crashing.
	Every so often while my wife is playing,
	something happens and she gets knocked back
	to level 4. This occured about 4 times
	when she was up to level 70 someting but
	she's determined to get through the whole thing.

	Can anyone explain the deprotect fix using
	Sectorama?
	I gave Sectorama the file name "em", changed
	the sector to 61 but location 4C does not
	contain what the fix said it should? I did
	a little searching but to no avail. Help!!!!

	PS: will this fix allow hard drive installation?
	    Also, the version of Sectorama is the one found
	    on Amicus disk 24. The copyright date is 1987.
	    Emerald Mines is the original version

				Thanks,
				Ray
				att!ihlpf!rcj1

--
Ray-

barrett@ektools.UUCP (Chris Barrett) (05/25/89)

In article <8566@ihlpf.ATT.COM> rcj1@ihlpf.ATT.COM (00771a-Jender) writes:

>	Can anyone explain the deprotect fix using
>	Sectorama?

Has anyone done the similar de-protect (de-grind) then newest version EMII
similar to what was done for EM yet?

		barrett@ektools ( Chris Barrett )
		 rochester!kodak!ektools!barrett
--

dan@hp-lsd.HP.COM (Dan Schmelzer) (05/25/89)

>	I'm really tired of my emerald mines crashing.
  :
  :
>				Thanks,
>				Ray
>				att!ihlpf!rcj1

I had notorious difficulty with Emerald Mine crashing and/or
not booting off my internal drive.  I found that the latest
version of Project-D not only properly backs up this program, but
also de-protects it.  I think my original Emerald Mine disk was
a second or later release, so this might not work with a first
release of Emerald Mine.

	At level 38 (I think) and holding...

	Dan Schmelzer
	dan@hp-lsd.HP.COM

Addman@cup.portal.com (Dennis A Lish) (06/01/89)

I bought Emerald Mine I about six months ago and it has never crashed.  Howeve
the owner of the store I purchased it from VirusXed it because it came in with
a virus.  I wonder if that's your problem.

pfaff@atlantis.asd.contel.com (Ray Pfaff - Oakwood 457 934-8162) (06/05/89)

>I bought Emerald Mine I about six months ago and it has never crashed.  Howeve
>the owner of the store I purchased it from VirusXed it because it came in with
>a virus.  I wonder if that's your problem.
 As I hear the rumor, one of the batches of disks that was sent out had the byte
bandit virus on it.  I wasn't bitten because I VirusX everything (it's pretty
sad that you can't even trust commercial software to be clean of viruses).  The
store I bought my version from said that the company recalled the program for
a time due to "errors on the boot track".