[comp.sys.amiga] Manx? Dare I ask? When?

plav@cup.portal.com (Rick M Plavnicky) (06/08/89)

In a long expired, 3 month old article (1067.3.1120.6 cup.portal.com)
ecphssrw@io.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) writes:

> In article <3528@sdsu.UUCP>, lindwall@sdsu (John Lindwall) writes:
> >	While I'm on the subject of Manx - How about an upgrade soon or at
> >least some news on the progress?  I'd love to get new documentation: my
> >advice is to look at MicroSoft C for MSDOS and emulate their manuals.
>
> I know I'm following up twice to the same message, but this is an
> entirely other subject.  Here is the status of Manx updates, according
> to manx.ts (Mike somebody) in their newly active vendor support group
> on BIX:
>
> (1) A new, bound, very pretty V3.6a manual is available.  It includes
> sequentially numbered pages and a real index and table of contents. To
> get yours, send your current manual pages (without binder and box), a
> piece of paper with your 3.6a serial number and a shipping address,
> and a check for $25, to:
> 	Manx Updates
> 	P.O. Box 55
> 	Shrewsbury, NJ 07702
> The new manual includes the SDB docs.
>
> (2) Manx has decided to skip releasing 4.1 for the Amiga in favor of
> version 5.0, which is scheduled to come out in "late spring," which
> means late May or early June.  The cost of the update to current
> owners has not yet been decided, but will be "well under $100"
> according to manx.ts.  Anyone buying 3.6a after 1 February 1989 will
> receive 5.0 free of charge.

I hate to write this as much as you all hate to see it.  Anybody heard
*anything* from Manx lately?  At AmiExpo NY, Jim was noncommittal but
grinned and said things to the effect of 'late spring/early summer' for
the new release.  Maybe it's me, maybe I just didn't hear, maybe it's
been out for a while now.  Nah, I don't think so.  But I *hope* so!

Sigh.  I think we've all been very patient...

> ---
> Stephen Walton, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Univ. Northridge
> RCKG01M@CALSTATE.BITNET       ecphssrw@afws.csun.edu
> swalton@solar.stanford.edu    ...!csun!afws.csun.edu!ecphssrw

Rick Plavnicky
{...}!sun!cup.portal.com!plav