[comp.sys.amiga] AT bridgeboard?

clark@ttidca.TTI.COM (Ralph Clark) (06/08/88)

In article <5723@ico.ISC.COM> farmer@ico.UUCP (David Farmer) writes:
>in article <2300009@hpsadla.HP>, jimh@hpsadla.HP (Jim Horn) says:
>> Does anybody have any news ... as to the ... 80286 Bridgeboard ...
>
>Thought some one might be interested, but I heard at the last amiga meeting
>here, that the president had plugged a 386 huricane board into his 2086
>bridgeboard, and that it seemed to work real well.

Yeah. That's cute. But I want to plug in a 16-bit hard disk and a 1.2-meg
floppy, and I don't want to buy the XT flavors first.
--
Ralph Clark (clark@ttidca.TTI.COM) {csun|philabs|psivax|trwrb}!ttidca!clark

dooley@helios.toronto.edu (Kevin Dooley) (06/06/89)

[...I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day because then it's up
all night... - Steven Wright]

Many thanks to all the people who responded to my networking puzzle. (It
looks like all we really need is a smart printer buffer since everybody
here is too paranoid to allow free file transfer.)  Now I have another
semi-related question.
   It would be nice to be able to have some kind of file transfer capability
between the various different types of computers we want.  The simplest way
to do this is to make the Amigas able to read and write to 1.2Meg 3.5"
AT-style floppies.  So my question is this:
     - is there an AT bridgeboard available for the 2000?
     - who makes it and how much does it cost?
     - does it like 1.2Meg 3.5" floppies?
     - what chip and clock rate does it use?

          Many thanks,
               Kevin

--
 Kevin Dooley         UUCP - {uunet,pyramid}!utai!helios.physics!dooley
 Physics Dept.        BITNET - dooley@utorphys

givler@cbmvax.UUCP ( Customer Support) (06/08/89)

In article <818@helios.toronto.edu> dooley@helios.physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin "the orange guy" Dooley) writes:
>   It would be nice to be able to have some kind of file transfer capability
>between the various different types of computers we want.  The simplest way
>to do this is to make the Amigas able to read and write to 1.2Meg 3.5"
>AT-style floppies.  So my question is this:
>     - is there an AT bridgeboard available for the 2000?

Yes

>     - who makes it and how much does it cost?

Commodore, around $1499.00, I think, I dont have my price list here at home!

>     - does it like 1.2Meg 3.5" floppies?

It come with a 1.2 Meg 5.25" but you could change that to a 1.44 Meg 3.5"
It also comes with software to transfer files from the Amiga to AT and
visa versa.

>     - what chip and clock rate does it use?

80286 and it runs at 8MHz

>          Many thanks,
>               Kevin

Your welcome,

Greg
Greg Givler                        Q-Link: Commodore
Telecommunications Coordinator     CompuServe: CBM/Support 76703,2047
Commodore Customer Support         INTERNET: givler@cbmvax.uucp
215-436-4200 (Support Line)        OR :::::: givler@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
"Life is pain, Princess, anyone who tells you differently is selling something"
 - The Dread Pirate Roberts -- The Princess Bride