[comp.sys.amiga] Ami Transactor

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (06/09/89)

In Message <241@maytag.waterloo.edu>, giguere@aries5.uucp (Eric Giguere) writes:
>In article <1989Jun4.100538.25055@ziebmef.uucp> timg@ziebmef.UUCP (Tim Grantham) writes:
>>In article <226@maytag.waterloo.edu> giguere@aries5.waterloo.edu (Eric Giguere) writes:
>>>             Well, at least it means that the TransAmi is being read,
>>>even if its authors aren't being paid... *sigh*....
>>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>>Oh, are you in touch with all of our authors, Eric? Are you keeping records

  I must admit they do pay after a lot of calls and sometimes it required me
  to hold completed articles. But they do pay. The matter of paying in a
  timley fashion is another story.

>>If there are any of our authors out there who have not received payment
>>according to Croftward's schedule, please let me know. We have some of
>>the finest programmers writing for us; we obviously wouldn't want to
>>jeopardize that with a bad payment record.
>
>It already IS being jeopardized.  That's sad, because the TransAmi is such
>a wonderful publication.

  Agreed! I think its real sad when I have to hold completed articles until
  a check for published article(s) arrive. Thats one reason (among others)
  ive decided to stop writing for them.

>mailbox and I can't stand a warped magazine... but right now I'm forced to
>wait for my complimentary copy... which comes with the cheque...

  Your ahead of me. I usually get a check in an envelope - no magazine, letter,
  business card, nothing! On very rare ocassions a copy of the magazine would
  show up weeks later (very rare).

  I understand the odd position Chris and Nick are in and have no ill feelings
  towards them (I also understand their not to blame). Personally I think their
  great guys and I like em both. My beef is with Croftward their policies and
  performance.

  Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS