[comp.sys.amiga] ELITE IS HERE IN THE USA!!!

dnye@bbn.com (David Nye) (06/07/89)

My local computer store told me today that Elite had arived at his destributer
today and will be in my hot little hands on thursday!!!!  BUT, at to weather it
is the PAL version or the NTSC version is/and will be up in the air untill
thursday.  I will let you know useconds after I get it.

-=Dave
=     //     Dave Nye -- President, Southern New Hampshire AMIGA Users Group  =
=    //      dnye@bbn.com    dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net  ...!harvard!bbn!dnye  =
= \\//       BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass., My Employers computer, MY opinion.. =

dnye@bbn.com (David Nye) (06/09/89)

In article <17168@louie.udel.EDU> dringler@pica.army.mil (Darrell Ringler) writes:

[.....]>
>So, make sure your dealer promises you that their new version of Elite
>WILL be NTSC and will run on your Amiga! And that they will take it
>back if it won't run! Better yet, would be if they'd let you demo it
>on their store machine. After running VirusX on it of course... B^)
>
>Good Luck! I hope a working version comes out!
>
>                                       -Darrell Ringler

Well Folks the WAIT is OVER it is the NTSC version!!!  I booted it up at the
dealer today and it RAN GREAT!!!

Watch for a REVIEW SOON!!

-=Dave
=     //     Dave Nye -- President, Southern New Hampshire AMIGA Users Group  =
=    //      dnye@bbn.com    dnye%bbn.com@relay.cs.net  ...!harvard!bbn!dnye  =
= \\//       BBN, Inc., Cambridge, Mass., My Employers computer, MY opinion.. =

dringler@pica.army.mil (Darrell Ringler) (06/09/89)

A few weeks back, I picked up Elite at a computer show for a small
discount off the list price. BUT! It was the British PAL version and not
an NTSC version. When I tried to run it on my NTSC Amiga2000, it would
show a title screen and then go to an enter-a-word-from-the-manual
protection screen and lock up the keyboard. Not even the little LED's
in the keys would light up and nothing from the keyboard would be
recognized at all.

So, make sure your dealer promises you that their new version of Elite
WILL be NTSC and will run on your Amiga! And that they will take it
back if it won't run! Better yet, would be if they'd let you demo it
on their store machine. After running VirusX on it of course... B^)

Good Luck! I hope a working version comes out!

                                       -Darrell Ringler
|        --Darrell Ringler            "Have TARDIS...Will Time Travel!"   |
|Internet: <dringler@ardec.arpa> or <dringler@pica.army.mil>              |
|Bitnet: <dringler%ardec.arpa@mitvma.mit.edu> or <...@ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu>|
|Usenet: ardec.army.mil!dringler@uunet.uu.net |    Compuserve: 73167,44   |