[comp.sys.amiga] America gets Elite and the UK stifles a yawn...

rkl@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (Richard K. Lloyd) (06/08/89)

In article <41015@bbn.COM>, dnye@bbn.com (David Nye) writes:
> My local computer store told me today that Elite had arived...

It'll be interesting to see what Americans think of the game (I suspect you
will have already seen it on the C64 anyway). It's been completely revamped
from the 8-bit versions with much fancier presentation and options and in
glorious solid 3-D colour. It's a shame it's not a patch on the 8-bit BBC
Micro version for sheer playability though...
   It also has the *INFURIATING* page/paragraph/word protection system,
which is ridiculous, because the manual is the same across all machine
versions (I use my BBC micro Elite manual to find the word and it works !).

Richard K. Lloyd,       **** This is a MicroVAX II running VAX/VMS V4.7 ****
Computer Science Dept., * JANET     : RKL@UK.AC.LIV.CS.MVA or              *
Liverpool University,   *             RKL@000010500211.FTP.MAIL            *
Merseyside, England,    * Internet  : RKL%mva.cs.liv.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu *
Great Britain.          ****************************************************

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (06/11/89)

In article <6410@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk> rkl@mva.cs.liv.ac.uk (Richard K. Lloyd) writes:
>   It also has the *INFURIATING* page/paragraph/word protection system,
>which is ridiculous, because the manual is the same across all machine
>versions (I use my BBC micro Elite manual to find the word and it works !).

Don't worry. Being the easiest copy protection to break, you'll probably have
a completely unprotected version before too long.

--
***  Sean Casey                         sean@ms.uky.edu, sean@ukma.bitnet
***  Quid, me vexari?                   {backbone|rutgers|uunet}!ukma!sean