[comp.sys.amiga] Newest MandelVROOM

dwi@manta.NOSC.MIL (Steve Stamper) (06/07/89)

Does anyone out there have the newest version of MandelVROOM as announced
of Fish Disk 215?  If can it be placed on some anonymous FTP site we
could get at?  I'd sure love to see the new 020 improvements!

-ROger

kevin@uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) (06/08/89)

In article <831@manta.NOSC.MIL> dwi@manta.nosc.mil.UUCP (Steve Stamper) writes:
>Does anyone out there have the newest version of MandelVROOM as announced
>of Fish Disk 215?  If can it be placed on some anonymous FTP site we
>could get at?  I'd sure love to see the new 020 improvements!
>
>-ROger

I have the newest MandelVroom (but I cheat. I wrote it)  I gave the sources
to Bob Page, and he is getting the release together for comp.sources and
comp.binaries amiga together.  I have faith that Bob will be finishing the
release soon.  If Bob is having problems with the release, it is probably
due to mistakes on my part.  I failed to give him all the files needed
for the release.

The new 68020/68881 features work just fine (nice and fast too.)  Send all bug
reports to me!  Complements (or money) are welcome too.

I was hoping that Fred would give me my own disk (like Matt Dillon), but I
didn't let him know in time.  Fred mentioned that the program needs 1 meg.
It can run in less, but you can't get very many Mandelbrot pictures
generating simultaneously.

Anyway.... I hope you like it!

Kevin
--
UUCP:  kevin@uts.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,seismo,oliveb}!amdahl!kevin

[  Any thoughts or opinions which may or may not have been expressed  ]
[  herein are my own.  They are not necessarily those of my employer. ]

dwi@manta.NOSC.MIL (Steve Stamper) (06/09/89)

I loved the old version of IMMVROOM and the new one sounds just fantastic.
Does anyone know of any BBS's or FTP sites which have this program
(the version off of FF #215)

-Roger

kevin@uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) (06/09/89)

In article <835@manta.NOSC.MIL> dwi@manta.nosc.mil.UUCP (Steve Stamper) writes:
>I loved the old version of IMMVROOM and the new one sounds just fantastic.
>Does anyone know of any BBS's or FTP sites which have this program
>(the version off of FF #215)
>
>-Roger

The source and executable have been sent to Bob Page the moderator of comp.
sources(binaries).amiga.  I'm sure he will be releasing it soon.  Be patient,
there are LOTs of sources.  I failed to send all the files to Bob, but I
beleive I've given him all the requred files now, so the release should be
soon.

I'm glad you liked the old one.  The new one is MUCH nicer.  The '020/881
code is quite fast.  Hope you like it.

Kevin (The author of MandelVroom) Clague

--

dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) (06/09/89)

In article <02VO027Q33t001@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kevin@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) writes:

>Anyway.... I hope you like it!

   Being a fan of good MandelBrot generators, I downloaded the new version
of MandelVroom off of BIX and I must admit, it is WONDERFUL!

   The zoom out fucntion , the pan function, new gadgets, julia curves,
wonderful multitasking and the overall professional look allows for one
of the best PD programs I have seen for the Amiga.  I am amazed this
beauty is not out on the software shelves of your nearest computer
dealer.

   Anyway, if you dont already have the newest version of MandelVroom, get
it!  It is a fantastic example of what true multitasking should allow a user
to accomplish.  On a scale of 1 to 10, this program gets a high 10!

--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.

In article <594@coplex.UUCP> dean@coplex.UUCP (Dean Brooks) writes:
>In article <02VO027Q33t001@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kevin@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) writes:
>>
>>Anyway.... I hope you like it!
>>

>   Being a fan of good MandelBrot generators, I downloaded the new version
>of MandelVroom off of BIX and I must admit, it is WONDERFUL!

Thanks!  I'm glad it is getting around.

>   The zoom out fucntion , the pan function, new gadgets, julia curves,
>wonderful multitasking and the overall professional look allows for one
>of the best PD programs I have seen for the Amiga.  I am amazed this
>beauty is not out on the software shelves of your nearest computer
>dealer.

  I wrestled with the idea of marketing it, but eventually decided not to.
If there were millions of Amigas out there, then I might have gone commercial.

  I bought a 1000 years ago so that I could write a better Mandelbrot program,
it turned out better than I imagined.  I figure I got lot's of the hard
tricks off the Fish disks, so I'd make the source available for other
less experienced Amiga programmers to learn from.

>   Anyway, if you dont already have the newest version of MandelVroom, get
>it!  It is a fantastic example of what true multitasking should allow a user
>to accomplish.  On a scale of 1 to 10, this program gets a high 10!

You know what they say.... "Only Amiga makes it possible!"

Or as Dale Luck said about MandelVroom's multitasking...
                      "Try doin' that on your Mac, Jack!"

fnf@estinc.UUCP (Fred Fish) (06/12/89)

In article <02VO027Q33t001@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kevin@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Kevin Clague) writes:
>I was hoping that Fred would give me my own disk (like Matt Dillon), but I
>didn't let him know in time.  Fred mentioned that the program needs 1 meg.

You got all of disk 215 and most of disk 214.  Did you want more?  :-) :-)

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1835 E. Belmont Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284,  USA
# 1-602-491-0048           asuvax!{nud,mcdphx}!estinc!fnf