[comp.sys.amiga] More Simcity <-- demo from GE

simmons@cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) (06/12/89)

I saw the other day that there is a simcity demo available on GE.  Is this
demo worth the effort to download?  Does it do anything at all worth my time?
OR should I just get a hold of the actual game when I get a chance?  I am
already familar with what simcity is and does and I have seen it running so
I don't need a demo that does these things, I would like a chance to "play"
around a little before I buy...... So is the demo on GE any good?

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (06/12/89)

In article <9154@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:

>I saw the other day that there is a simcity demo available on GE.  Is this
>demo worth the effort to download?  Does it do anything at all worth my time?
>OR should I just get a hold of the actual game when I get a chance?  I am
>already familar with what simcity is and does and I have seen it running so
>I don't need a demo that does these things, I would like a chance to "play"
>around a little before I buy...... So is the demo on GE any good?

The DEMO isn't worth "PAYING" to use (such as from GE or compuserve).

It doesn't let you play the game. It shows a few screens, and tells
you about the game.

If you can get it for free, from a local BBS, it's probably worth a peek.

The best thing to do, which I did, is to demo the real thing at your
local dealers.

For what it's worth, I like it alot.
--
"What is another word  |  Dave Lowrey    | [The opinions expressed MAY be
 for 'Thesaurus'?"     |  Amdahl Corp.   | those of the author and are not
                       |  Houston, Texas | necessarily those of his
   Steven Wright       |  amdahl!dwl10   | employer]   (`nuff said!)