[comp.sys.amiga] Two new travesties on the Amiga

fdfishman@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Flynn D. Fishman) (06/11/89)

In article <19289@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>SimCity

Well I just got a copy of SimCity and it did not work either, so I called up Maxis
Tech Support and asked them about it.  His reply was that yes there is a known bug
in SimCity, and yes they are going to fix it.  However, he did not mention anything
about 020's the bug has to do with when you have too many Drives and/or partitions,
appearently if you have more than 2 disk drives and/or HD partitions there is not
enough (chip?) memory for SimCity.

So perhaps all you guys who say it works when you boot from the SimCity disk aren't
mounting your harddrive.  Is this possible?  I unfortunately have 2 drives and a
2090a card.

One thing I would like to see someone try is making a copy of the disk, and then
modifing the start up sequence of the new disk so that it does not load wb, I wonder
if this would give you enough chip memory to run the program.

I would try this but my copy got munged by a zealous airport security check (First time
I ever let a disk get x-rayed).

Well good-luck and may the Force be with you.
--
FDFISHMAN (Flynn D. Fishman) @ WATCGL (but you can call me Flynn)
	UUCP  :	...!{decvax|ihnp4|clyde|allegra|utzoo}!watmath!watcgl!fdfishman

aaalexis@sactoh0 (Andrew A. Alexis) (06/13/89)

In article <10249@watcgl.waterloo.edu>, fdfishman@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Flynn D. Fishman) writes:
> In article <19289@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
> >SimCity
>
> Well I just got a copy of SimCity and it did not work either, so I called up Maxis
> Tech Support and asked them about it.  His reply was that yes there is a known bug
> in SimCity, and yes they are going to fix it.  However, he did not mention anything
> about 020's the bug has to do with when you have too many Drives and/or partitions,
> appearently if you have more than 2 disk drives and/or HD partitions there is not
> enough (chip?) memory for SimCity.
[text deleted]
  I have two hard disks.  The 20 meg disk is partitioned into
dh0:/fs1:.  Simcity does work on this one.  My 40 meg disk is
partitioned into dh1:/fs2:/fs3:.  Simcity will not work on these
drives.  Since I can also get simcity to work by starting it from
the original disk(with the hd's mounted), somehow the memory answer
doesn't seem right.  (but then again I am no expert in memory
usage).  I determined which HD partition it would work on by
starting it from the original, selecting load city, and checking
the list of available drives to see what it recognized.
Your experience may vary.
Disclaimer: I am irresponsible.
#  Andy Alexis         #  UUCP: pacbell!sactoh0!aaalexis    #
#  Regular Guy         #  Plink: andy*a                     #