[comp.sys.amiga] Disabling the Low Pass Audio Filter on A500/2000s

csbrkaau@ariel.unm.edu (Jim Banas) (06/11/89)

Can anyone suggest a method to disable the Low Pass Audio Filter
on an Amiga 2000 through hardware?  I do have the PD program to
turn the LED power light on and off (turns the filter on and off)
but I also have a couple of sample music programs that "blink" the
light and therefore continuously disable and enable the filter.

They were meant for an Amiga 1000 (where there is no software method
to disabling it).

I want to be able to disable and enable the filter by a simple method
of adding a jumper, etc. to the board.

Jim Banas

cknight@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) (06/12/89)

In article <5213@charon.unm.edu> csbrkaau@ariel.unm.edu (Jim Banas) writes:
>turn the LED power light on and off (turns the filter on and off)

I don't think that the power light's level has anything to do with the low
pass filter, I think the program (LED) does that so you can tell if it's active
or not.

Listen closely to the sound output; and if you hear a change in the quality,
the program has been disabled.  Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about.
--

In <11923@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, cknight@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (King Claudius) writes:
>In article <5213@charon.unm.edu> csbrkaau@ariel.unm.edu (Jim Banas) writes:
>>turn the LED power light on and off (turns the filter on and off)
>
>I don't think that the power light's level has anything to do with the low
>pass filter, I think the program (LED) does that so you can tell if it's active
>or not.

Huh? That's how you control the low pass filter... with the LED line.

>Listen closely to the sound output; and if you hear a change in the quality,
>the program has been disabled.  Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about.

You _will_ hear a change if you are running anything that changes the LED light
level while music is playing on a 500 or 2000.

-larry

--
Van Roy's Law:  An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
|   //   Larry Phillips                                                |