[comp.sys.amiga] Anyone know anything about 'Vortex'?

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (06/15/89)

I've noticed ads recently for a new game, "Vortex".  Anyone know anything
about it?   The screen shots in the ad look pretty intriguing.  tnx.
  /Bernie\

sjorr@rose.waterloo.edu (Stephen Orr) (06/15/89)

In article <41461@bbn.COM> cosell@BBN.COM (Bernie Cosell) writes:
>I've noticed ads recently for a new game, "Vortex".  Anyone know anything
>about it?   The screen shots in the ad look pretty intriguing.  tnx.
>  /Bernie\

	Vortex was written by the same guys who brought you Dragon's Lair, and
DataStorm. Visionary Design Technologies (VDT) of Toronto, Canada. The game is
loosely based on the Atari arcade game Reactor, but with some serious
improvements. I caught a pre=release demo of it in Toronto about 2 1/2 months
back, and what I saw looked good. Great sound, lots of motion and game play.
VDT says the whole thing is physically acurate (ie inertia, circular motion etc.). The idea is to prevent a reactor from going critical by destroyin
antimatter?, and pushing cooling devices into the core. The vortex changes
size, and speed etc. Is probably worth getting.

				Stephen Orr

{ The opinions expressed herin ARE those of my employer...
				... I'm self employed!		-sjorr }