[comp.sys.amiga] Qmouse?

nelson@udel.EDU (Mark Nelson) (06/13/89)

Recently there was a discussion about obnoxious programs that allocated
screens without any way to move them to the back, and how Amiga-N and
Amiga-M are insufficient for moving among several screens.  Anyway,
someone mentioned a utility called Q-mouse that redefined the operation
of those two keys (plus many other wonderful-sounding capabilities).

I've been looking for this utility, but all I can find is a QMouse from
FF~49 which just queries for a mouse click in the startup sequence.
Does anyone know where I can find the Q-mouse I'm looking for?  Do I
remember the name correctly?

Mark Nelson                 ...!rutgers!udel!nelson or nelson@udel.edu
This function is occasionally useful as an argument to other functions
that require functions as arguments. -- Guy Steele

In <17477@louie.udel.EDU>, nelson@udel.EDU (Mark Nelson) writes:
>Recently there was a discussion about obnoxious programs that allocated
>screens without any way to move them to the back, and how Amiga-N and
>Amiga-M are insufficient for moving among several screens.  Anyway,
>someone mentioned a utility called Q-mouse that redefined the operation
>of those two keys (plus many other wonderful-sounding capabilities).
>
>I've been looking for this utility, but all I can find is a QMouse from
>FF~49 which just queries for a mouse click in the startup sequence.
>Does anyone know where I can find the Q-mouse I'm looking for?  Do I
>remember the name correctly?

Yes, the correct name is QMouse. I believe it's up to about version 1.6 now.
It's by Lyman Epp. It's on various commercial services and BBS systems, and
possibly available for ftp somewhere. Wish I could be more specific. Thought
you'd like to know you had the name right anyway.

-larry

--
Van Roy's Law:  An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
|   //   Larry Phillips                                                |

nop@cup.portal.com (Randy G Jouett) (06/16/89)

	Would someone please ask Lyman if he could remove the call to
WorkBenchToFront when a macro is selected? I hate having to flip screens
back and forth everytime I select my talking clock program while using a
term prog or text editor. Maybe he could just set up some kind of way
to disable it in the config file.

--
Randy Jouett   sun!portal!cup.portal.com!nop