[comp.sys.amiga] REXX challenge

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (06/13/89)

<From ncr-sd!ncrcae!hubcap!gatech!purdue!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!ucbvax!VIOLET.BERKELEY.EDU!mwm Tue Jun 13 08:43:44 PDT 1989
<Article 18 of comp.lang.rexx:
<>From: mwm@VIOLET.BERKELEY.EDU (Mike  Meyer, I'll think of something yet)
<Newsgroups: comp.lang.rexx
<Subject: usenet vs. bitnet...
<Date: 12 Jun 89 23:38:11 GMT
<Sender: daemon@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU
<
<Now is Usenix. This means most of the usenet wizards in the world are
<"away from their desk" till next week. However, I mungd the
<appropriate one about this, and the problem will be dealt with. The
<bitnet rexx list is going to move to a subgroup, so that those using
<comp.lang.rexx as it appears appropriate on their end won't interfere
<with bitnet users.
<
<For those on usenet who are trying to follow the bitnet list, the new
<name will be comp.lang.rexx.vm. However, note that less than 10% of
<the mesages on the rexx list are being gatewayed. That problem may be
<looked into at the time.
<
<For those of you suffering with the Amiga postings - just hang on,
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<they'll go away.
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<
<	<mike

     Sounds like some still think the Amiga is not alive and real.
Maybe some of you arexx script writers need to reconsider posting to the
rexx group. This could be a chance to show some hardcore dis-believers
what the Ami can do (that they can't). Or will we just go away?

    Monty Saine

"	All side effects are effects."
"	We can never do merely one thing."
"			--First Law of Ecology"

mcp@ziebmef.uucp (Marc Plumb) (06/19/89)

BTW, I just saw some DevCon papers... it's semi-official...

	*** REXX is bundled with 1.4 ***

Way to go, Bill, C-A, and all!  This should be a *major* win.
HyperCard is for wimps - Real Programmers use Real Programs
to get things done.
--
	-Colin Plumb