[comp.sys.amiga] Easy Questions

parris@mit-caf.MIT.EDU (Patrice Parris) (06/17/89)

Just a couple of real easy questions for you wise folk.  I need to buy
a gift for someone very soon.  I am considering a Basic compiler.  I
know it was discussed before (articles have expired here), but at the
time I had no interest in Basic.  What's available and what's good?
Please send email.

Thank you for your time

--
         Patrice Parris    parris@caf.mit.edu       parris@MIT-CAF.UUCP
George Michael by two inches  - from the ROCK TRIVIA MACHINE in a box of

sdh@wind.bellcore.com (Stephen D Hawley) (06/17/89)

In article <2516@mit-caf.MIT.EDU> parris@mit-caf.UUCP (Patrice Parris) writes:
>I need to buy
>a gift for someone very soon.  I am considering a Basic compiler.  I
>know it was discussed before (articles have expired here), but at the
>time I had no interest in Basic.

Gee, you don't like them very much, now do you?  :')

Reminds me of a phrase:

"Say it with flowers.  Get her a triffid."

Steve Hawley
sdh@flash.bellcore.com
"I've given you plant food.  I've given you dirt.
 You've given me nothing, but heartache and hurt."

hcmutt@hpcllld.HP.COM (Harry Muttart) (06/20/89)

Try the BASIC compiler offering from Michtron, Hi Soft BASIC.  It will compile
most Microsoft stuff (doesn't like expressions as parameters to subs, though),
is fast, generates small object.  It has received good comments in Amiga
Transactor and Amazing, and I like it too.

Harry Muttart