[comp.sys.amiga] developers status/ Fatter-Agnus

rwm@tronix.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) (06/20/89)

In a message Dated 17 Jun 89, limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) wrote:

 >DevCon and partake in the "Beyond 1.4" discussion.  If you can't
 >afford that, do what most people that are qualified do:  become a
 >registered developer and join the private BIX conference for
 >developers only.  The signal/noise ratio is quite good there.

 This may seem like a redundant question, but how does one go about becoming
a registered developer.  I am an extremely low budget person, but I would very
much like to get ahold of a lot of the newer software to write compatible to.
Also, how much is on this BIX conference, as I do not know if the cost of a BIX
account would be warrented (You tell me  ;-).

  ---

  About the 1 Meg Agnus (Different Topic All together) : What is the part number
on this chip, and what jumper settings are required for installation. Our
service center (Where I work) has not yet received any bulletins on the
Fatter Agnus. Also, unsuspecting today, I was working on a machine with a
part that I did not know about : Someone correct me on this -

  -80  - NTSC Fat Agnus
  -81  - PAL  Fat Agnus
  -82  - Chip I saw today--  1M?

  As I knew nothing of this part, I just set all the dips to what they should
be for a normal Agnus, and all worked (For some reason the machine was shipped
with the second 512K Jumpered as 'off'.)

 ---

  I 'Think' I am hooked into comp.binaries.amiga and comp.sources.amiga .  Can
anyone confirm that they have been empty for the past 3 weeks? (As, I just
joined about 3 weeks ago, and have not yet received anything in eithor
conference).

(P.S.  Wish I could figure out amiga-archives,etc...  Would love to add more files
to the Fidonet server (163/109), but have not yet successfully received anything.
Anyone who HAS, could they send me a bit of Mail as to a bit of instructions..)

:Later

--
  Russell McOrmond

  ...uunet!attcan!lsuc!nrcaer!tronix!rwm
{allegra,decvax,linus,pyramid}!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!tronix!rwm

  FidoNet 1:163/109         AlterNet 7:483/109
  BBS:  (613) 230-2282      Network Support(Fido): (613) 231-7144

  I wanna POINT you in the right direction.