[comp.sys.amiga] GNU

baumann@iaoobelix.UUCP (Joachim Baumann) (06/14/89)

Hi there,
are there any efforts to port GNU-Software to the Amiga?
I know Bison and Flex are on Fishdisks, but I do not know the version.
Are there other ports of these two and  is anyone porting things like
gcc or g++(C-Compiler and C++-Compiler), gawk, chess or make to our
loveley little machine?
Hope to hear something positive...

Joachim Baumann      ...{seismo!unido, pyramid}!baumann@iaoobel.UUCP
| 'It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever |
|  produced the expression "as pretty as an airport".'               |
| Douglas Adams, 'The long dark tea-time of the soul'                |
           "Hmm. What's this green fish called? I think I will
            call it Lunch. Hi, Lunch!"  --  A fish called Wanda

kjohn@richsun.UUCP (John Kjellman) (06/20/89)

In article <412@iaoobelix.UUCP> baumann@iaoobelix.UUCP (Joachim Baumann) writes:
>Hi there,
>are there any efforts to port GNU-Software to the Amiga?
>I know Bison and Flex are on Fishdisks, but I do not know the version.
>Are there other ports of these two and  is anyone porting things like
>gcc or g++(C-Compiler and C++-Compiler), gawk, chess or make to our
>loveley little machine?
>Hope to hear something positive...

	Yes, myself and a few others (the list is constantly growing) are
	working on a port of GCC (GNU cc).  Hope we can send it to the net
	sometime before CA gets UNIX out (big :-).

>Joachim Baumann      ...{seismo!unido, pyramid}!baumann@iaoobel.UUCP
>| 'It can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever |

					KJohn

--
| Only    /// | #include <std/disclaimer> /*KJohn - The man without an Amiga*/ |
| Amiga \XX/  | kjohn@richp1 or [ purdue | cs.ubc | mcdchg ] ! richp1 ! kjohn  |