[comp.sys.amiga] Net for Amiga 1000 wanted

whenry@lindy.Stanford.EDU (homo obsolescensis) (06/20/89)

The following is forwarded from a friend who does not have
access to Usenet:

Date:         Mon, 19 Jun 89 20:45:44 MEZ
From: Konrad Neuwirth <A4422DAE%AWIUNI11.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
Subject:       Net for amiga 1000 wanted

Hi,
  I am looking for a (rather cheap) net that I can connect my amiga 1000 to.
the best solution would be something like TOPS, ethernet is to expensive,
The main thing is that it must be able to link about 3PCs (286 and 386)
and at least 1, maybe two amigas. But please bear in mind that I have a
1000.

I know DNET exists for the AMIGA, what about pc? and 3 computers in DNET?

PLEASE ANSWER
konrad

sjorr@rose.waterloo.edu (Stephen Orr) (06/20/89)

In article <3537@lindy.Stanford.EDU> whenry@lindy.Stanford.EDU (homo obsolescensis) writes:
>The following is forwarded from a friend who does not have
>access to Usenet:
>

>Date:         Mon, 19 Jun 89 20:45:44 MEZ
>From: Konrad Neuwirth <A4422DAE%AWIUNI11.BITNET@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU>
>Subject:       Net for amiga 1000 wanted
>

>Hi,
>  I am looking for a (rather cheap) net that I can connect my amiga 1000 to.
>the best solution would be something like TOPS, ethernet is to expensive,
>The main thing is that it must be able to link about 3PCs (286 and 386)
>and at least 1, maybe two amigas. But please bear in mind that I have a
>1000.

	Along the same lines, a couple of weeks back someone announced an
appletalk card for the A2000, A1000, and A500 to come shortly. Since, I
believe that IBM supports an appletalk card this would be a solution.

	Further, has anyone (at ReadySoft) considered how useful it
would be if AMAX (ver 2.0?) and this appletalk card got along well with
each other? I can see very useful Amigas emulating Macs, on Mac networks
with laser printers, harddrives, fonts.....

	I know a few companies that would go for it!

			sjorr

{ The opinions expressed herein ARE those of my employer...
				...I'm self employed!	- sjorr	}