[comp.sys.amiga] ALF controllers

wizard@accsys.UUCP (Christoph Brand) (06/16/89)

oncerning those A.L.F. controllers...leave your fingers off it.
They are not fast, but slow (of course it depends on the drive
you use, but anyway..).
I've also thought of buying an ALF controller, but *everybody*
(including several german developers) said don't. It's everything
but reliable.
As much as I know the principle comes somehow from Messy-Dos
controllers. Amiga deserves more than RLL. The inventor is a German,
and Prespect Technologies is probably nothing but a mailbox-company
(do you say this in English?).
After looking at more or less all controllers that are offered
for the Amiga, I finally came up with a A2090a. Yes, its autoboot
is a littlebit slow, but it works with every soft- and hardware
I've met until now (unlike the GVP controller). I plan to connect
a HardFrame to it...I think that's the optimal harddisk solution
for the Amiga.

Greets
         Chris

Chris Brand                    Berne, Switzerland                    Wizard
BANG:         ...!uunet!mcvax!cernvax!impch!accsys!sosaria!wizard
OR:           ...!uunet!acad!acadch!impch!accsys!sosaria!wizard
"Justice is the possession and doing of what one is entitled to"  -  Platon

root@jester.UUCP (Michael Haeuptle) (06/21/89)

In article <423@accsys.UUCP> wizard@accsys.UUCP (Christoph Brand) writes:

>oncerning those A.L.F. controllers...leave your fingers off it.
>They are not fast, but slow (of course it depends on the drive
>you use, but anyway..).

What do think of 380KB/s ? slow? (Sure, it's not *that* fast, but for $300
(20MB) !!!???

[..]

>After looking at more or less all controllers that are offered
>for the Amiga, I finally came up with a A2090a. Yes, its autoboot

And yes, it's only for the A2000 !!! (No harddisk from Commodore.... )

>Greets
>         Chris

Greets
	Michael

--
Michael Haeuptle			..uunet!unido!pfm!nadia!jester!root