[comp.sys.amiga] AIRP

OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (06/23/89)

     I have heard rumors about AIRP, Amiga Intuition Replacement Proect
 or some such.  Anyways, these are supposed to be the ARP people, and
 they are replacing Intuition.  Are they indeed replacing Intuition or
 just WorkBench?  Anyone have the inside scoop?

     Just out of curiousity sake, how big is the intuition library, and
 is it written in C or assembly?

     /*
          F. Michael Theilig               OHA101 at URIACC.Bitnet

               "There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
                                     in fact it is all dark."
                                                                       */

brett@umd5.umd.edu (Brett Bourbin) (06/23/89)

In article <18295@louie.udel.EDU> OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) writes:
>     I have heard rumors about AIRP, Amiga Intuition Replacement Proect
> or some such.  Anyways, these are supposed to be the ARP people, and
> they are replacing Intuition.  Are they indeed replacing Intuition or
> just WorkBench?  Anyone have the inside scoop?

	I don't think that the ARP people are going to try to replace the
Intuition.  The code in the intuition.library is very good and doesn't need
to be rewritten.  This does not mean that small improvements can not be added,
but they will come from C-A.  The Workbench, on the other hand, could use a
rewrite.  From everything I have been reading, this is what 1.4 will address,
among other things.

>     Just out of curiousity sake, how big is the intuition library, and
> is it written in C or assembly?

	My understanding is that the system software is written in both C and

--

--Brett S Bourbin, Instructional Computing Programs -- Univ of Maryland
            Computer Science Center, College Park, MD 20742