[comp.sys.amiga] Weird

OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) (06/16/89)

     First I'd like to thank everybody who responded to my resident
 question.  I didn't think about the memory thing.

     Anyways, I have reciently started having weird problems.  It
 started when I was doing my resume.  I typed an 'I' and I got a '/'.
 Now, from time to time, the 'I', 'E', and more reciently the 'N' key
 have been acting weird, giving me capitol 'N's or 'W's or weird binary
 characters.

     When I boot up I chech these characters to see if I can boot up
 properly.  It seems to start about two thirds through my startup-
 sequence.  Nothing weird is there.

     There are two possibilities.  I added ARP 1.3 just prior to this
 problem.  I use it's shell.  Somehow I don't believe that this is the
 culpret.

     Second, and more likely, stems from an unfortunate accident.  A friend
 sortof spilled a screwdriver (of the Vodka-Orange Juice variety) onto my
 keyboard.  I disassembled my keyboard and cleaned it as well as possible.
 I used tuner cleaner.  The only persisting problem is my left C= key
 sticks some times.  (Left Amiga, for those with older keyboards).

     The only non-standard memory resident program I use is DMouse 1.07,
 but I have been using that for quite a long time.  That couldn't be
 doing it.

     Does *ANYBODY* have any ideas?  This problem is really starting to
 piss me off.

     Thank you.

     /*
          F. Michael Theilig               OHA101 at URIACC.Bitnet

               "There is no Dark Side of the Moon...
                                     in fact it is all dark."
                                                                       */

shadow@pawl.rpi.edu (Deven T. Corzine) (06/17/89)

In article <17833@louie.udel.EDU> OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) writes:

> The only persisting problem is my left C= key sticks some times.
> (Left Amiga, for those with older keyboards).

I really HATE seeing that stupid C= symbol on an Amiga keyboard.  It's
ugly and doesn't belong there.  It's the one thing I prefer about the
A500 over the A2000...

Deven
--
shadow@[128.113.10.2]   <shadow@pawl.rpi.edu> Deven T. Corzine (518) 272-5847
shadow@[128.113.10.201] <shadow@acm.rpi.edu>  2346 15th St.    Pi-Rho America

rodd@dasys1.UUCP (Rod Dorman) (06/25/89)

In article <17833@louie.udel.EDU> OHA101%URIACC.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (F. Michael Theilig) writes:

>     Anyways, I have reciently started having weird problems.  A friend
> sortof spilled a screwdriver (of the Vodka-Orange Juice variety) onto my
> keyboard.

This is positively your problem.  The Amiga prefers its Vodka straight up
with a twist.

					-- Rod --

Rod Dorman						rodd@dasys1.uucp
Big Electric Cat Public Unix
	"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't"