[comp.sys.amiga] Transactor Editor

jmelv@madnix.UUCP (John Melvin) (06/15/89)

Hello.

	 I have a little bit of a problem.  I renewed my subscription to Transactor
by credit card, an was billed for it on 3/11/89.   However, I have not yet
received a copy of Volume 2, Issue 2 although everyone else I know (including
someone who renewed *much* later than I) have.  Could someone please find out
what has gone wrong -- I would very much like a complete set of Transactor for
the Amiga.  My subscription number is, ah, where is that thing?  Ha, found it!
The number is #1185.  I would appreciate some response as soon as possible.
Oh, by the way, keep up the good work!

Thanks you.

John P. Melvin
John P. Melvin                        "Inquiring 'Transactor for the Amiga'
(608) 276-8353                         readers want to know!"
                                                                       //
UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!jmelv    \X/ AMIGA
> [details deleted]  However, I have not yet
>received a copy of Volume 2, Issue 2 although everyone else I know (including
>someone who renewed *much* later than I) have.  Could someone please find out

I had a similar problem with a missing V2.2...the good folks at Transactor
sent me the next issue by first class mail.  I'd like to take this
opportunity to thank them and commend them for the great service.

   [Why *this* opportunity?  Er, (blush), I misplaced the editor's
    e-mail address; besides, great service deserves widespread praise.]

>Oh, by the way, keep up the good work!

Ditto here!

>John P. Melvin                        "Inquiring 'Transactor for the Amiga'
>UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!jmelv    \X/ AMIGA

Oh, sorry for butting in on an 'others ignore' note, but, well, er,
opportunity knocks but once.  And you might find this msg. heartening...

                         -- John Lockhart
               jwl@feanor.stanford.edu  BIX: jlockhart

fc@lexicon.com (Frank Cunningham) (06/20/89)

Transactor has a telephone and people that answer it.
The number is published in the magazine.
--
-Frank Cunningham	smart: fc@lexicon.com
			dumb: {husc6,linus,harvard,bbn}!spdcc!lexicon!fc

protcoop@bnr-public.uucp (Joel Avery) (06/20/89)

PHONE TRANSACTOR IMMEDIATELY!!
I had a similar problem that they cashed my check and I hadn't
recieved a magazine for months.  Finally I phoned them and they
did not have record of recieving my check.  They took my word
that I had sent it and less than a week later I had my 2.2
magazine.  Unfortunately I missed 2.1 so I'll have to order it
from them.
-----------------------------
Alan W. McKay  |  My opinions are mine, yours are yours. |  Eat Food  |
NEPEAN, Ont.   |  I in no way pretend to represent the   |     and    |
613-763-8980   |  the options of my employer.  So there. |   LIVE !!  |

murphy@pur-phy (William J. Murphy) (06/20/89)

In article <688@madnix.UUCP> jmelv@madnix.UUCP (John Melvin) writes:
>by credit card, an was billed for it on 3/11/89.   However, I have not yet
>received a copy of Volume 2, Issue 2 although everyone else I know (including
>someone who renewed *much* later than I) have.  Could someone please find out
>what has gone wrong -- I would very much like a complete set of Transactor for

Well, I was going to hold off until July 1, but since someone else brought
it up....
Hey Transactor for the Amiga!!  I started a new subscription in February 1989
and have received only three issues so far!  I have written two letters
to your subscription department and have yet to receive any acknowledgement.
You are behind two issues at present, Volume 2 issues 2 & 3. Get it together,
I would hate to think you have reverted to your prior state of inefficiency.
BTW both of the issues in question are at the newstand.

William J. Murphy
1211 Roberts
Lafayette, IN 47904
murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu

jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary) (06/21/89)

I almost gave up on Transactor after a subscription problem, but a phone
call did resolve my problems. I received my missing May issue and June
issue on the same day. However, the June had already been on the news
stands for a couple of days. At least I got to read John Toebes 2-part
article all at once. The reason I am adding my 2 cents worth is to see
if anyone has a spare copy of Transactor for the Amiga Volume 1, number
2. That is the only one I am missing and the Transactor folks tell me
they are sold out of back issues. They have their problems, but the
content of the magazine is still superb, IMHO. It's like that great
game with a couple of annoying bugs or copy protection, it ticks you
off, but you just can't quit.

murphy@pur-phy (William J. Murphy) (06/22/89)

In article <2323@pur-phy> murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu.UUCP (William J. Murphy) writes:
>Well, I was going to hold off until July 1, but since someone else brought
>it up....
>Hey Transactor for the Amiga!!  I started a new subscription in February 1989
>and have received only three issues so far!  I have written two letters
>to your subscription department and have yet to receive any acknowledgement.
>You are behind two issues at present, Volume 2 issues 2 & 3. Get it together,
>I would hate to think you have reverted to your prior state of inefficiency.
>BTW both of the issues in question are at the newstand.

*** Putting on my bib now to eat some crow ***
Last night I got home and made the phone call to Transactor to straighten
out the situation.  The lady I spoke with was MOST COOPERATIVE and fixed
the problem for me.  I don't know what the problem was... Anyhow, This much
seems to be their policy.

If you are a subscriber and did not receive your magazine for a particular
month, Please WAIT until after the 30th of the month in question before
bothering them at the office. Your issue is not considered missing until
then.  So, for those of you missing V2 I2, Call! V2 I3 you'll have to wait
your turn.

William J. Murphy
murphy@newton.physics.purdue.edu

darin@nova.laic.uucp (Darin Johnson) (06/22/89)

>	 I have a little bit of a problem.  I renewed my subscription to Transactor
>by credit card, an was billed for it on 3/11/89.   However, I have not yet
>received a copy of Volume 2, Issue 2 although everyone else I know (including
>someone who renewed *much* later than I) have.

Ditto here.  I called the offices about a month back, asking why I wasn't
getting any issues.  They said, don't worry, you'll get them.  So yesterday,
Vol 2, Issue 3 arrived.  But no issue 2...  I wasn't planning on calling
them back about back issues until I could check the local stores for copies.
It is real annoying missing that issue, since I don't part #1 of filing
systems, or part #3 of assembly language.  Urk.

Darin Johnson (leadsv!laic!darin@pyramid.pyramid.com)
	We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

timg@ziebmef.uucp (Tim Grantham) (06/25/89)

In article <10106@polya.Stanford.EDU> jwl@Feanor.Stanford.EDU (John Lockhart) writes:
>I had a similar problem with a missing V2.2...the good folks at Transactor
>sent me the next issue by first class mail.  I'd like to take this
>opportunity to thank them and commend them for the great service.

I'm glad the subscription department resolved your problem.

>   [Why *this* opportunity?  Er, (blush), I misplaced the editor's
>    e-mail address; besides, great service deserves widespread praise.]
>
>>Oh, by the way, keep up the good work!
>

>Ditto here!
>
>>John P. Melvin                        "Inquiring 'Transactor for the Amiga'
>>UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!jmelv    \X/ AMIGA
>
>Oh, sorry for butting in on an 'others ignore' note, but, well, er,
>opportunity knocks but once.  And you might find this msg. heartening...

them to deal with.

With that said, we do welcome email via USENET: articles, suggestions,
criticisms, etc.,. We'll do our best to respond, with the above-mentioned
exception of subscription enquiries. Sometimes email I have sent has bounced
back so if you *really* need to reach us, you can call (416) 764-5273, or
contact us on Compuserve on the AmigaVendor forum.

My .signature does not seem to be working lately, for some reason. If the last
line has been cut off, it's supposed to say:  ``None. They're opening windows
instead.'' :-)

Tim.
Editor, Transactor for the Amiga.

--

timg@ziebmef.UUCP		{uunet!mnetor!lsuc,utgpu}!ncrcan!ziebmef!timg

How many Amiga users does it take to change a light bulb?