[comp.sys.amiga] Emerald Mine on A500

simmons@cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) (06/25/89)

Does anyone know of any problems with emerald mines running on the A500?

I have an original disk that when it boots up runs as with the diamonds
turning to rocks and with the time to complete the levels cut down real low.
I understand that this is characteristic of EM with copies of the original
but since this is an original disks I eliminated that possibility.

Things I've tried are changing the 1.3 chip to a 1.2 chip and removing the
memory expansion.  I was wondering if this program has worked on anyone else's
amiga 500, properly that is, and did you have to do anything special and
what configuration were you using.

Thanks for any help.

Greg Simmons
     simmons@xanth.cs.odu.edu

sjorr@rose.waterloo.edu (Stephen Orr) (06/25/89)

In article <9355@xanth.cs.odu.edu> simmons@cs.odu.edu (Gregory S. Simmons) writes:

>Does anyone know of any problems with emerald mines running on the A500?
>
>I have an original disk that when it boots up runs as with the diamonds
>turning to rocks and with the time to complete the levels cut down real low.

	Before I bought my 2000 I had the same problem, Emeald Mines did what
you describe on my A500, but worked fine on my mother's A1000. Now I have an
A2000 and have never had a problem. I put it down to drive alignment. I knew
that my internal and external floppies on my A500 were not the same to the
point where occasionally a disk formatted on one would come up bad on the
other, pop it, stick it back in and it would be fine!.

	Unless you can rule this out I would suggest that it may be the case
as Emerald Mines seems to grind the drive for its copy protection.

P.S. I've got an original of DataStorm that works on my machine but fails on
my roommates A2000! Interesting...

>Thanks for any help.

You're welcome if it helped...

{ The opinions expressed herein ARE those of my employer...
			... I'm self employed!		-sjorr }