[comp.sys.amiga] A2620 and SETCPU

macdonald@dickns.dec.com (Paul MacDonald, CUP/ASG, 223-3439, PKO3-1/W30) (06/29/89)

>> From: jim@syteke.UUCP (Jim Sanchez)
>> Subject: migrating from 1000 to 2000 (help request)
>> Date: 19 Jun 89 10:15:30 GMT

>> Now that I have just bought a new 2000 with a 2620 I would like to
>> find out the differences between the old 1000 environment and setup
>> and that of the 2000.  One thing I've already discovered is that my
>> old faithful vd0: will not work in this configuration.

It should work fine. At least it does for me.

>> Anyone have any ideas as to why.

Dunno. Perhaps you can post your VD0: mountlist.

>> Another curious thing is that the A2620 does not
>> boot up like it did in the store with the nifty yellow screen and the
>> choice of 68000/68020 or AUX modes.  How does one make this happen
>> with a dual floppy(until I get my hardframe) system.  I saw it work so
>> I know there is nothing badly wrong.

Hold both mouse buttons down while doing a warm reboot.

>> I am using setcpu to move my kickstart into 32 bit ram.  Is there no
>> way to patch it so the drives do not click.  I sure appreciated that
>> feature on the 1000.

You should get a copy of the current version of SETCPU (V1.5). No click
drives are part of the program.

>> Ditto for the font.

Not sure what you mean here, but V1.3 Workbench disk has a setfont
utility that you can place in your startup-sequence.

>> I did not receive any docs
>> on the 2620 and since I bought it in germany I'm not sure I could have
>> used them anyway.  Do docs normally come with the card and if so where
>> can I get english versions.  CBM - any help here?

Yep ... try giving CBM a ringle.

Cheers,

Paul