[comp.sys.amiga] Digiview does line-art

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (06/29/89)

In article <686@jc3b21.UUCP> fgd3@jc3b21.UUCP (Fabbian G. Dufoe) writes:
>My main complaint about DigiView is the images just aren't sharp enough.  It's
>OK for digitizing photographs for reproduction in newsletters, but I want
>something for digitizing line art.  I want it to look really crisp and
>sharp, but I don't need color.  The kind of stuff I'm thinking about could
>be colored with a paint program later.

Have you tried using DigiView 3.0 (or DigiView Gold)?  It has an option for
doing line art.  It can save an image as 640 by 400 by 2 colors where
everything is either black or white.  (You will have to futz with the focus,
lighting, brightness, and contrast to get best results.)

If you aim the camera at a half-tone picture, you can get decent results
by selecting the line-art option and turning the sharpness up half way.
The end result displays grays in a manner that looks like a coarse
resolution half-tone picture.  It is suitable for photocopy repro work.

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM or jms@tymix.tymnet.com
McDonnell Douglas FSCO  | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms